Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish orals

Options
  • 19-04-2007 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

Anyone done their spanish oral yet?
    How did it go, any tough questions or did they just stick to the simple ones?

Iv got mine next week, and we have prepaired almost anything you can think of (from school life to political issuses). Although im thinking, just like we did in irish, we completely overprepaired. In ordinary irish, my class prepaired stuff on socail problems in our area, and driving ad stuff like that....when all we were asked were the simple questions about your family, last summer, next summer etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I had my spanish today. Before the exam I was completely ****ting it and even through the exam I was sooo nervous. It was excellent though, I was so happy with how it went.
    Our examiner was really nice and he didnt ask anything hard, he just stuck to all the basic stuff like house, family, school, college etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

I had mine on Thursday and I was pretty nervous going in but I was really surprised at how quick it was. The general convo went brilliant for me, but I didn't get the roleplay I wanted, so I struggled with my mandatory questions but got the possible ones grand, but the examiner was dead sound through it all so that helped a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

So no tough questions on politics or nething?? Thats gud. Got mine on wednesday (french on monday) arrgh!!!
    I find the roleplays are 30 marks given to you....all u need 2 do is learn off a cuple of sentences per roleplay, and voila!! 30% of the oral in the bag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

In general the questions were easy. We had two examiners : one Irish, one Spanish. The Irish one asked relatively normal questions but the Spanish one apparently asked stuff like "is it important for parents to be at home for their kids". Nothing about wars or anything just some social Qs. It depends totally on the examiner it seems. I had the Irish one which I found put me at ease. I'd be afraid my pronunciation would be corrected harsher with the Spanish one and any tiny mistakes would be noticed.

I got the roleplay I wanted but stumbled on my words a little and had to start again. Was so embarassing and I'm terrified of being docked marks.

We have been told that we have an irish examiner, so hopefully it would be marked easier than a native speaker....!
    So ur saying that your examiner never asked anything abstract? Im sure i could just make stuff up about social issues if it did come up but im planning to focus my discussion around sport/family/work hopefully!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Oh and if you have a foreign passport make sure to learn stuff about your country as differences will be asked. Also why you came to Ireland. I got asked that because I'm Finnish and the Americans also got asked that too. I was only asked about family, hobbies, plans for summer, how long I'd been studying, university plans, school... that's all I can remember. The question about what my parents do stumped me though. Shoulda made up something like doctor but instead I tried to tell the truth. Forgot the word for timber so they apparently sell trees now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

The q's in mine were very easy. She began with "Tell me about yourself" and said that I could talk about my family, my area, etc. Of course I stupidly forgot to talk about my school, which I had loads prepared on. Got asked about my future career, which I said was Journalist. Lead me to a few awkward questions, but for the MOST part I did okay.

Oh thats grand then, iv got mine tomorrow...cant wait to get it over and done with!
    Any specific questions on the subjunctive???? I really hate it and dont know when to use it.

Advertisement