Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

INCREDIBLE find in Gort

Options
  • 19-04-2007 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

The one beside Supermacs that's actually a newsagent.

rm1.jpg

rm2.jpg

rm3.jpg

rm4.jpg

rm5.jpg

Yes, those are Robot Masters. Yes, it's Star Saber and Victory Leo. No, I have no ****ing idea what they were doing at the back of a newsagents in Gort.

They still have one of those left, as well as several other of another RM pack that didn't impress me, looked like repaints of the G2 Cyberjets. They also have some nifty "budgetformer" cars that are worth looking at.

Better pics when my Dad gets home with his camera.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭GWolf

How much were they.

Open it, go on you know you want to. Open it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Dominatorx

hmm that store is owned by the same crowd that own the limerick toymaster

Dominatorx wrote:
    hmm that store is owned by the same crowd that own the limerick toymaster
    which closed on sundy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Pretty awesome find alright....

You should have bought both of them so you could keep one mint in the box.

EDIT: GWolf, your sig is massive... have a look at the sig rules (You don't want the SigPo to bust you)

Pretty awesome find alright....

You should have bought both of them so you could keep one mint in the box.

EDIT: GWolf, your sig is massive... have a look at the sig rules (You don't want the SigPo to bust you)
    I had it average size for the majority of forums, but I'll have a looky loo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Boards.ie being an Irish forum which means lots of people are still on dial-up. Think of those poor bastards when designing a sig.

GWolf wrote:
    which closed on sundy
    Did they?
    Oh well not like they often had anything worth having.

Dominatorx wrote:
    Did they?
    Oh well not like they often had anything worth having.

I never got a chance to call in. Just Cybertron mostly I take it?

GWolf wrote:
    I never got a chance to call in. Just Cybertron mostly I take it?
    a few primus,s and primes
    oh btw its still open and everything is 75% off.
    My mate was out there and completed his marvel legends Mojo series for a song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Saw Robot Masters Psycho Orb and Mirage for One Euro. The big "Pound Shop" on Patricks Street in Cork. Take a look at those kind of places, One Euro for a Robot Master is a ****ing steal, especially the Beastformers which are a lot more detailed(some of the traditional style RMs look Playskoolish).

You should be able to find Prime, Optimus Primal, Beast Megatron(both are very good, I got the recent repaints and they look beautiful, the non painted ones are a bit tacky but still cool), Starscream and a few others.

I picked up Orb, nice plastic quality, actually. Proves Hasbro and Takara are overcharging immensely.

• Advertisement

If anyone sees Lio Convoy please tell me I really want him :/

Rozie wrote:
    Saw Robot Masters Psycho Orb and Mirage for One Euro. The big "Pound Shop" on Patricks Street in Cork. Take a look at those kind of places, One Euro for a Robot Master is a ****ing steal, especially the Beastformers which are a lot more detailed(some of the traditional style RMs look Playskoolish).

You should be able to find Prime, Optimus Primal, Beast Megatron(both are very good, I got the recent repaints and they look beautiful, the non painted ones are a bit tacky but still cool), Starscream and a few others.

I picked up Orb, nice plastic quality, actually. Proves Hasbro and Takara are overcharging immensely.

I guess I'll be doing a check of the limerick shops, just in case

GWolf wrote:
    I guess I'll be doing a check of the limerick shops, just in case

The cheap shop opposite Subway in the Cresent has em

Dominatorx wrote:
    Thank ye kindly.

Oh, and if I find a Lio Convoy anywhere, he's coming with me :D:D:D

Dominatorx wrote:

Really? Excellent. I'll be down there soon. Which ones? Any Convoys or Seekers?

Rozie wrote:

I was in there today, I din't see any tfs

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Man, thats the best find ever. Are you sure they arent just really high quality KOs?

Galvasean wrote:
    Man, thats the best find ever. Are you sure they arent just really high quality KOs?

They're definitely KOs I'd say I know for certain the 1 Euro ones are. I bought 2 Mirages one of them had a crippling chip, the other was fine apart from some paint splotches. I'll get the last one they had as I was going to send it to a friend.

GWolf wrote:
    I was in there today, I din't see any tfs

Garrantee they will have more sooner rather then later

Rozie wrote:
    They had Convoys (Odd affair with a light up chest)No Starscreams or either of the beast commanders

Oh and they are defo knock offs. The Mirage i got crumbled in my hand .

If i spot Convoy again ill let you know

• Advertisement

Dominatorx wrote:
    They had Convoys (Odd affair with a light up chest)No Starscreams or either of the beast commanders

Oh and they are defo knock offs. The Mirage i got crumbled in my hand .

If i spot Convoy again ill let you know

Wow, that sucks. I've only seen one bum figure of them, yeah it was a Mirage though. I got it as a gift for someone I'll have to go back and hope they have another .The other Mirages and a Psycho Orb were mostly fine as was my Victory saber. The problem is with QC rather than outright plastic quality, I'd say.

I hope they do more TF Knock offs of older characters. I'd like some BW nock offs, a Rattrap especially.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

In case its any use to anyone , one of the asian shops in talbot st are selling off
    galaxy force prime knock offs for around 15 quid(at least I think its galaxy force , I'm only really interested in Gen 1 stuff myself).
    similar to this anyway:
    http://seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=958&size=0&start=18

Its a "fashion" type shop down the lower end of the st , towards connolly station.
    They have a few of them and a few WoW figures in the window.

In case its any use to anyone , one of the asian shops in talbot st are selling off
    galaxy force prime knock offs for around 15 quid(at least I think its galaxy force , I'm only really interested in Gen 1 stuff myself).
    similar to this anyway:
    http://seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php?id=958&size=0&start=18

Its a "fashion" type shop down the lower end of the st , towards connolly station.
    They have a few of them and a few WoW figures in the window.

It's actually a very nice figure. Looks a bit like a cross between Star Convoy and Power Master Prime. You should get it even if you don't like Seibs, he looks fairly G1-Prime-ish anyway.

Advertisement