Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Gaming Radio

Options
  • 19-04-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

hey whats up?

basically im here to tell you that im starting an online radio station aimed at the Irish Gaming Community.
    can i get a show of hands as to who would be interested in helping or sponsoring the station?

the following are needed:
    -DJ's!
    -Webmasters!
    -Webdesigners!
    -Sponsors!
    -Listeners!
    -PR Staff!
    -Journalists!
    -Researchers!

PM me if interested or Post on Forums

http://GamerRadioIRL.forumhosters.net/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Raziel.ie

Spose i could listen. And maybe play a few tunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

DanOB wrote:
    the following are needed:
    -DJ's!
    -Webmasters!
    -Webdesigners!
    -Sponsors!
    -Listeners!

eh... what exactly do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭DanOB

its still only in the pipeline, im seeing what resources i can get before starting it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I suppose I could in theory listen...DJ might be interesting too!

Good luck with project

🤪

il update this thread with a website adress when i have the forums up and running

• Advertisement

Excellent! Any idea of programming wants yet? Or shall that be a little meeting of all those interested?

🤪

there will be a meeting in the not to distant future after i see some interest, i came to Boards.ie before when i was doing an online radio company, it was directed soley at European gaming, this time around it will just be for the Irish market meaning advertisements can be more direct etc..
    also means people will understand the DJ's accent as i had that problem with the Germans lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I could be completely wrong here and your idea may turn out to be a sensation, but what exactly will your station offer that is different to reading a dedicated game review website and listening to iTunes/ Radio at the same time? I'm not trying to be smart there, btw. It just seems that the responces so far have been lukewarm.

Some problems:

*There may well not be a regular enough supply of fresh content to keep people interested - or you talking.

*I would question the actual public desire to listen to people talk about games/ technology. If GamesVille has taught us anything (which it probably hasn't :rolleyes:) it's that games and visual media don't mix. No one enjoys looking at other people playing a game. From that, I can only postulate that no one will enjoy listening to people talk about games.

However, some positive advice...

I'd advise you to outline your vision - e.g. business model, goals, mission statement, action plan and all that other business rubbish - before you start looking for resources. Other than trying to sound out the populaces' interest in your idea, which of course is essential at the beginning, I would maintain that you are doing this the wrong way around. You need to be sure what your goals are (subject to change of course) before you start asking for people to come on board. It all seems too vague at the moment for anyone to even consider committing.

An idea my be to hook up with an existing Irish games website. I know there was a guy on here a while back that had just set up a new website and was looking for advice. Maybe contact him!

Anyway, this is all just a little objective advice. Best of luck with your endeavour!

well all advice is good advice, thats my way of thinking, so ill certainly take all that onboard.

Right now im administrating the website that ive been given to by a Friend of mines Hosting Company.

of course PR is essential and ill be doing most of that myself, yet i will be looking for Volunteer staff for Advertising, Research, Journalism etc.

the website right now is http://GamerradioIRL.forumhosters.net/
    as i said it is in the very early stages.
    Buisness plan to be displayed both here and on the website VERY soon

thanks Cradock :)

Hello

Willing to help out anyway...College student with a bit of time on my hands and a big interest in gaming. Also, might look good on the ol' CV - Shall be keeping an eye on this with a hope of helping with anything at all - Advertising, PR, Broadcast, Journalism, etc.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Might be interested in this alright
    Dont know if I'd be any use to you , I used to DJ years ago on XF (the irish one I mean , not the big UK one of the same name , and dont get too excited ,I got to do a very late midweek show and didnt exactly set the world on fire :)) .
    Plus I've a worrying large collection of gaming stuff - (from the VCS up to the Wii) which I like to talk about but rarely get to play due to my Warcraft habit.
    Sure I'll PM you my email addy anyway

lol im sure the listeners would love a character like you on the show, readin that thing about your worrying large collection of gaming stuff made me laugh.. good to have humour on it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

DanOB wrote:
    well all advice is good advice, thats my way of thinking, so ill certainly take all that onboard.

Right now im administrating the website that ive been given to by a Friend of mines Hosting Company.

of course PR is essential and ill be doing most of that myself, yet i will be looking for Volunteer staff for Advertising, Research, Journalism etc.

the website right now is http://GamerradioIRL.forumhosters.net/
    as i said it is in the very early stages.
    Buisness plan to be displayed both here and on the website VERY soon

thanks Cradock :)

No worries! Another idea may be to extend your reviews/ discussions into the world of music, film and literature. Instead of focusing merely on gaming and technology, you can cover a number of bases, i.e. appeal to a larger audience, by diversifying.

::Edit::
    I stand to be corrected, but I believe Boards started out as a gaming website. Think of the possibilities!
    ::Edit::

If you need anyone to help regards your website - writing reviews etc. - I'd certainly be willing to give a hand.

i will be looking for Journalists and Researchers, so ill deffinitly be in touch

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm a communications student studying radio and the like so may be willing to help out for the experience - depends where you are based and all that jazz. Im also very into reviewing of games etc... If you need any assistance drop us a PM and Ill see what I can do.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

DanOB, it's not too clear if this is something you're doing for fun or an actualy (and and not to clear) buisness idea.

its for fun, i dont intend to make any money from it, yet just enough to cover the server costs.

Yeah, go sign up on the forums. I've added a few sections to it where you can talk about various stuff. I'm not to great at starting conversations so i'll lets yous do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

I'd probably listen ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DanOB wrote:
    lol im sure the listeners would love a character like you on the show, readin that thing about your worrying large collection of gaming stuff made me laugh.. good to have humour on it :)

y'see thats what happens when I try and talk to a user /rebuild a pc/post at the same time.I just cant multitask , well,much anyway .
    My collection may be large , but lives a carefree life and therefore doesnt worry.#I on the otherhand do (usually about whether the missus is going to make me sell some of it to free up some space!).

• Advertisement

lol well if you want u can donate them to the station for compitition prizes jk lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

might be an interesting idea if you guys played music from games from time to time. Theres been some fantastic music in games over the years. Red Alert, Quake 2 etc:cool:

Site is looking much better than when I first checked :)

Looking forward to hearing more details and possibly a meet-up!

🤪

Yeah. Go sign up on the forums! ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

sounds like a good idea alri :D

ill be sure to listen in.. :)

Revamped Website!

http://www.gamerradioirl.forumhosters.net/

Please Register!

Advertisement