Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crowds Improve at LOI, But ....

• 19-04-2007 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2007/0419/eircomleague.html
    Figures compiled during the first six weeks of the eircom League of Ireland season show attendances have increased by 37%.

A total of 97,656 people have been present at 66 eircom League of Ireland fixtures to date. This gives an average attendance figure of 1,480.

At this stage last season, a total of 65,828 people had attended 61 fixtures, giving an average attendance of 1,079.

Whilst its positive to see an improvement in attendances, and some recent good weather may have helped that, the figure of 1,480 on average per match is really pathetic and for those fans and clubs that do not think that they remain in a crisis situation, they need to seriously wake up.

Still, from small acorns to oak trees grow so it will be interesting to see how this trend continues throughout the year, and in years to come.

Redspider

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I'm not that bowled over.

Last year we had Dublin City.

This year we have Rovers and Galway back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Rovers and galway replacing shels and dublin city.
    Bohs rovers pats cork doing well so obviously there would be an increase.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,955 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

I believe the figures are for the whole league and not a single division.

Shels gates have all been in four figures at home this season and I heard Rovers first home game (Longford) had 800 at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

It's a shame that the matches that have been on TV have been absolutely horrendous. 0-0 draws, hoofing the ball up the field, etc. The only bright light for me as a Cork City supporter has been the O'Donovan/O'Flynn play. I'd hate to see them leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

the figures are for the premier and 1st division so the average increase of 37% is a positive thing. The improvement in facilities will help alot as corks all seater stadium shows. Better place to go see a match more people come.
    The key for the league is to keep the increase in attendances over the hole season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

37% improvement is a dramatically positive development in anybody's books. Congrats to the FAI and the club promotion guys. It's working...

If we keep this up, when we play Sunderland in a few years time we might see more Irish shirts in the crowd than English ones ... ;)

Advertisement