Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 bill........

• 19-04-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

here is my 3 data bill, what a load of poo, im giving them a week to sort it out or i am sending my 2 sims back.
    such clowns they are, havent even got a usb modem and im constantly getting disconnected using my n73, really pissed off with this lot now.
    going to tell them to take a hike and get my bank to cancel them. not giving them a cent after this months bill.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

legs11 wrote:
    here is my 3 data bill, what a load of poo, im giving them a week to sort it out or i am sending my 2 sims back.
    such clowns they are, havent even got a usb modem and im constantly getting disconnected using my n73, really pissed off with this lot now.
    going to tell them to take a hike and get my bank to cancel them. not giving them a cent after this months bill.
    wow, you must have downloaded the whole interweb :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

ya, but them cnuts told me they waived the february allotment. all that seems to go back to feb as far as i know. bastards.
    they never updated my usage fast enough. total sham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ well ya they didnt update your usage fast enough you have a good case there
    but surely you must of realised something wasn't right
    like come on thats a huge bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I have broadband unlimited. Haven't used it much other than for a bit of gmail and stuff on the handset. Now I'm really scared! I think I'll be going back to prepay if they're screwing up that badly. I used it with my laptop a tiny bit, not much just a few times.

Jaysus! There's no way I could afford a bill like that.

I don't think I'll be using 3 again!

That's way more than my monthly rent!

Where do you even check your usage? I have never found anything to do that on.

I'm DEFINITELY going to cancel the broadband though. That's just terrifying.

Solair wrote:
    I have broadband unlimited. Haven't used it much other than for a bit of gmail and stuff on the handset. Now I'm really scared! I think I'll be going back to prepay if they're screwing up that badly. I used it with my laptop a tiny bit, not much just a few times.

its a mistake. he won't actually have to pay that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Ah for God's sake legs, this is at least the 3rd thread you've started about the same thing.

It's got nothing whatsoever to do with them not updating your usage in time but everything to do with you downloading TV programmes all over the shop.

I pointed this out to you before and you declined to answer.

If they agreed to waive your first bill, then fine, you're lucky and that should be the end to it. But it now seems they haven't waived it and that is what you must pursue. But stop blaming them. You signed up to a contract knowing that it was 40€ a month and knowing it was 3GB limit per month. Why then did you decide to download TV shows knowing exactly how many megabytes were involved per show? There is no point in whining about the cap or the bill after the fact. I advised that you proceed with caution and you didn't bother.

In addition the N73's inability to maintain a connection has SFA to do with 3 and everything to to with the handset -just like my N95.

By all means complain about their not waiving the bill when they said they would -but give it a rest about why the bill was arrived at in the first place!

Solair wrote:

I have broadband @ 3GB a month.

My bill has never been more than 40€. I have never used more than 1GB a month, despite using the facility every day and despite latterly using it on HSDPA on an N95.

Yes, 3GB isn't very much for 40€ a month; yes, 3 offers more per € in certain other territories where the population is huge and there is more business traffic.

But, while waiting for them to up the ante, it's the best we've got. If you play by the rules, you don't get screwed.

its a mistake. he won't actually have to pay that

Hopefully, he won't have to pay that, since they agreed to waive the bill. It's an obscene amount

It isn't a mistake, though. Legs11 downloaded entire series of CSI or somesuch and then was astonished at the bill.

In his posts he blames 3, Nokia and Indian customer services representives.

It's everyone else's fault.

Solair wrote:
    I have broadband unlimited. Haven't used it much other

You check your usage either by dialling 333 OR using the handset and surfing Planet 3 and checking 'check my usage'.

It is updated around 00:10 every 24 hours.

In the past 11 days I have used exactly half a meg, surfing, eMailing and downloading updates to Mac OS X, updates to my N95, maps and voice commands for the GPS facility.

Nothing major (although I did watch some LocationFree™ TV).

In other words -don't worry. Don't abuse the facility or treat as though it were fixed broadband and you won't get any nasty scares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Well, I already got an enormous bill from them for roaming which was vastly higher than I had expected. It's nearly put me off the network for life, their roaming rates, other than on other 3 networks, are absolutely insane and roaming in Beligum didn't even work most of the time. BASE (Belgacom Mobile) kept dumping me off their network and Proximus and Mobistar were barred.

I think I'll switch back to a "real network" once my contract runs out.

In the meantime, I'm carrying a vodafone prepay with passport setup when I'm abroad (in a country that doesn't have 3 i.e. most places!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

culabula wrote:
    Hopefully, he won't have to pay that, since they agreed to waive the bill. It's an obscene amount

It isn't a mistake, though. Legs11 downloaded entire series of CSI or somesuch and then was astonished at the bill.

In his posts he blames 3, Nokia and Indian customer services representives.

It's everyone else's fault.

Brings me back to the good old days when i was working for o2 retail.........

culabula wrote:
    Legs11 downloaded entire series of CSI or somesuch and then was astonished at the bill.
    ah i see. probably would have been cheaper to buy the box set :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

neilled wrote:
    Brings me back to the good old days when i was working for o2 retail.........

No doubt.

That being said, I also have no doubt 3 could be making things a lot easier on themselves. All they would need to do is give customers some proper cost control options, ie cut you off after 3000 MB, and give you proper real time usage monitoring.

I am not trying to defend legs11 here, just stating a fact. There is no technical or marketing reason why 3 could not have prevented this from occurring in the first place.

As far as why we only get 3000 MB while in Austria you can get 30 GB, over 30 times more, for about the same price. I don't think this has to do with population. Austria is not a huge country, the total population is 8 million. And if anything, should we not get 60 GB, because of our low population density, meaning more available capacity? I'm not saying that we should, actually, just saying that the argument about the size of the country is mostly bogus.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭demon3

I was on the phone with the sales team from 3 yesterday, I asked what the fair usage limit was on the unlimited broadband at I was told 2GB not 3.

I was also told that it unfiltered broadband, but then they told me that slingbox was blocked, I presume because of the fact it would eat up your 2GB limit very quickly.

Demon3

No doubt.

That being said, I also have no doubt 3 could be making things a lot easier on themselves. All they would need to do is give customers some proper cost control options, ie cut you off after 3000 MB, and give you proper real time usage monitoring.

I am not trying to defend legs11 here, just stating a fact. There is no technical or marketing reason why 3 could not have prevented this from occurring in the first place.

As far as why we only get 3000 MB while in Austria you can get 30 GB, over 30 times more, for about the same price. I don't think this has to do with population. Austria is not a huge country, the total population is 8 million. And if anything, should we not get 60 GB, because of our low population density, meaning more available capacity? I'm not saying that we should, actually, just saying that the argument about the size of the country is mostly bogus.

Urban - i agree with what your saying. I'm from northern ireland and some UK prepay customers get a better deal that contract custmers here. The technical or marketing reason you suggest is never likely to happen - after all you can't get your mobile phone to cut off after you exceed your monthly minutes on the irish networks afaik so why would any of them do the samne for data? How many isps give you that option? Most torrents, rapidshare links etc come with the filesize clearly marked, failing that when you go to download you'll find out how much data there will be. Yes if you overused your data via websurfing or large attachments via email perhaps but when you try and download a series with clearly marked download sizes then thats taking the mickey.

Leaving sheer greed and the desire to gain revenues by whatever means possible, some irish networks have invested in 3g and are aiming to recoup their money - three for example have coverage in manorhamilton in north leitrim - a town of just under one and a half thousand. Enniskillen (where i hail from) has no 3g coverage whatsoever, from orange, vodafone, o2, three or tmobile - despite the fact being the main town in Fermanagh and having a population of over 14,000 these day according to the latest figures with a day to day population that would be higher due to the fact that it has a large catchment area when it comes to jobs for the county and its retail catchment which covers several areas in the republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Why do 3 only give a 3GB Cap instead of Austria's 30? Think about it. It has nothing to do with population density, population size or network capacity.

It all comes down to the supplier of 3's backhaul to the internet and the costs involved. 3 wont absorb these costs and charge less for their customers, it would only lose them money, instead, they will pass the cost onto the customers, as always.

3 Ireland and 3 UK use the same internet backhaul, 3 Ireland customers appear to be from the UK which is rather unsurprising as 3 Ireland is IIRC part of the UK operation. Again, unsurprising since most multinations treat Ireland as part of the UK, and sell everything through the UK, so we pay more thanks to the exchange rates. *continues rambling on*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

neilled wrote:
    .... after all you can't get your mobile phone to cut off after you exceed your monthly minutes on the irish networks afaik so why would any of them do the same for data? ......
    Erm, all the PAYG networks manage it for voice calls.
    Ever heard anyone say "Sorry, I'm out of credit!"
    after you lose them in the middle of a call.
    This would make so much sense applied to data.

niallb wrote:

Erm can you do it on contract? No.

Why? Why would a network cut a revenue stream when at the end of the day the user is responsible for their own usage. It wouldn't make much snese from a network point of view - trust me i'd love to see it brought can't see it happening....

demon3 wrote:
    I was on the phone with the sales team from 3 yesterday, I asked what the fair usage limit was on the unlimited broadband at I was told 2GB not 3.
    the €20 bb for use on the phone is limited to 2GB, the €40 datacard package has a 3GB limit.
    niallb wrote:
    and the bb would kick you off on PAYG too as soon as you run out of credit. he's talking about the bill pay package

edit:snap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

right, there seems to be confusion here
    so i will explain a wee bit more!

february : exceeded my quota, they didnt update blah blah. so i got my bill for feb 39e

and the next bill also 39, but says credit 534e....whatever that means.

then the next bill is 1,500 e etc.

now i checked my usage for last month (ie. the 1,500bill).

and i did not even use my full quota of bytes, and the only way i could have ran up any extra fee was a few texts (but they blocked making calls and sending texts on the data sim since.??).

the current spending went from 2 euro last month to 1,500e over a few days, after ringing customer care they said you got xxxxx bytes remaining and couldnt explain the extra grand

if three cant control or monitor my usage they can screw themselves.

it looks like i am sending my 2 sims back to them next week as they havent answered my latest email yet.

and their service is s*** really, not having a usb modem is also a joke. even since last year pretty ALL laptops have express slots.

i only went over the quota when i got a bit carried away with the hsdpa on the v3xx, downloaded some csi shows, not a whole season....:rolleyes:

and the n73 has only gprs so its pretty crap anyway.

hope that clears things up, i only found out about this bill a few weeks ago, when the current spending shot up out of the blue.

im going to put all this stuff into a jiffy bag and tell them shove it. in no uncertain terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

No doubt.

Well from my knowledge 3000mb=3gb which is not 1/30th of 30gb but whatever

I think austria has a much better deal because 3 are much more established there and have a much bigger customer base, they didnt start off brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

My bad, it is in fact 10.24 times more (30720 MB versus 3000 MB).

And it should be remembered that the 30GB offer is their 'top of the range tariff' at 20€ more than ours.

If we wish to compare like with like than we should ask why they get 10GB for 39€ as opposed to our 3GB?

Personally, I'd be more than happy with the Italian 3 offer of 5GB for 19€ (which I believe we ARE getting soon).

1huge1 wrote:
    Well from my knowledge 3000mb=3gb which is not 1/30th of 30gb but whatever

I tihnk austria has a much better deal because 3 are much more established there and have a much bigger customer base, they didnt start off brilliant

You know none of them started off brilliantly -I've been with 3 UK since its inception and apart from the minutes and the prices it was truly lacklustre and underwhelming until recently.

I couldn't believe it a few years ago when I discovered just after joining up that I couldn't use my 500 mins for dialling into the IOL Belfast node -all data calls were blocked.

It is only recently that they (and their partner networks) have begun to become 'exciting' but let's bear in mind that our nearest neighbour offers a paltry 1GB a month of internet access for 70 whopping euro -I bet they envy the Austrians and the Italians -and us- big time.

legs11 wrote:
    right, there seems to be confusion here
    so i will explain a wee bit more!

i only went over the quota when i got a bit carried away with the hsdpa on the v3xx, downloaded some csi shows, not a whole season....:rolleyes:

Shall I download and burn the missing episodes for you? :-))

What shocks me is that they have actually recently put the price of the redundant datacard UP -to 79€- even though they allegedly have only 30 left to sell and they should want rid of them before releasing the USB modem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

sure,
    i want the latest episodes of season 7, vegas. and 13/14 of sopranos s6 while your at it.......:D

3 were talking to me saturday, said they will ring back monday but they obviously screwed up the bill, after looking at my last 3 bills, this 100000 euro bill dates back to february, so they are trying to fleec me obviously.

im very close to sending back their sims but have to see what happens.....................

legs...(my alibi)......:D

It's 100 grand now???????

no, im being sarcastic.
    have you ever paid a bill for a grand..........:rolleyes:

or 100grand.......:D

Don't send them back yet....it'll probably work itself out. Keep the dataSIM anyway cos in the immortal words of whateveryacallhim "Things can only get bett-er, can only get bett-er (ad infinitum).

• Advertisement

D-ream........:D

are the releasing a usb modem at all?

the x series was meant to be out in feb, so thats feb 2008 then.
    if the usb modem was meant to be out 'soon' its prob a year from now.

Advertisement