Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evga 680i rma

Options
  • 19-04-2007 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

Evga have now started shipping the new 680i boards the deal is they send you the new board and three days later they pick up your old one,so no downtime or postal charges.I even got a phone call from Germany today to confirm my details for shipping ,Evga really are a great company to deal with.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Cassiel

RMA process was pretty painless. Test your new board thoroughly though, mine came with a dead GPU slot, which was a bit crap as I am using SLI. So I'll have to do a standard RMA - no cross-shipping this time :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Are they the new boards that have the resistors on the back moved to fit the zalman 9500 cooler?

You probably dont know what im talking about lol :D

Just I read the original ones dont fit it properly cause of the resistors on the back and there making new ones and moving the resistors!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Cassiel wrote:
    RMA process was pretty painless. Test your new board thoroughly though, mine came with a dead GPU slot, which was a bit crap as I am using SLI. So I'll have to do a standard RMA - no cross-shipping this time :mad:

I may be wrong but can you enable a pci. slot in the bios ?

I doubt if Nvidia would redesign the board to suit Zalman ,a saw a mod using 4 rubber washers under the backplate to avoid making contact.

Is that google thing pointed towards me?

Was just thinking hmm maybe.. when you said that but I just realised it is the primary GPU slot that is borked, I hadn't even the option of seeing the bootup/BIOS screen on startup, so I'm having doubts that this would be disabled using default BIOS settings. The problem remained after flashing to P27. Am going to take it out and reinstall before I definitely RMA. Tech support gave me the go ahead to RMA though.

TonyM. wrote:
    I may be wrong but can you enable a pci. slot in the bios ?

I doubt if Nvidia would redesign the board to suit Zalman ,a saw a mod using 4 rubber washers under the backplate to avoid making contact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

hey tony could you tell me how the evga vga trade in works ?

The Google thing was just a joke not pointed at any one i would never be rude to another Boards member.

you still have 2 pci. slots left if the bridge will fit.

Welcome to the EVGA Step-up™ Program. In order to give our customers the greatest amount of flexibility when purchasing EVGA video cards, we instituted the EVGA Step-up™ Program. Participants will be allowed, for one time only, to trade in their existing EVGA video card and upgrade to the newest and greatest currently available. Not all customers will be eligible for this program, please read the following terms and conditions.

Please Note: We have recently expanded the eligibility of our Step-up™ Program. Please review the new terms and conditions carefully to see if you are eligible.

Updated (8-16-2006)

Terms and Conditions

The EVGA Step-up™ Program is available to all EVGA graphics card customers who are within 90 days of their original purchase date (based upon their invoice date). Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.

What products will EVGA make available to the Step-Up Program?
    EVGA will only release EGS (EVGA Genuine Spec) versions of its products, NVIDIA reference spec and clock, to the step-up program.
    Products that have been pre-configured with higher clock speeds will be released based on yield rates and in limited quantities and on a first come first ship bases.
    Products known to have limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up Program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA production.)

What if the card I selected is on back order?
    You are welcome to sign up and be in the queue until that card become available.
    Once you are notified you will have 14 days to send EVGA your invoice or your step-up will be expired. All notifications are done via email to the registered email that you have on file with EVGA.

Participants in the EVGA Step-up™ Program are welcome to use the program one (1) time per new card purchase. Once you have received your Step-up™ card, the Step-up™ card is not allowed to be used in this program.

Product eligibility is dependent upon the following restrictions:
    Product must have been purchased through an authorized reseller, retailer, e-tailer, or distributor of EVGA products.
    Products purchased through unauthorized channels, such as E-Bay or other auction sites do not qualify for the Step-up™ program.
    Products acquired through a promotional contest or giveaway are also not qualifed to be used in the Step-up™ program.

The duration of the EVGA Step-up™ Program is limited to 90 days after the date of purchase (the purchase date shown on the invoice or receipt).

As long as the participant has not shipped out the trade-in video graphics adapter, the Step-up™ transaction may be cancelled and all fees and/or charges concerning the Step-up™ Upgrade will be refunded. However, once the participant's trade-in video graphics adapter has been received by EVGA, the Step-up™ transaction can no longer be cancelled.

The participant's trade-in video graphics adapter must be fully functional, be in its original packaging, with all CDs, and manuals, and be in resalable condition. Should these conditions not be met, the applicable value of the trade-in card will be reduced by 15%, with the difference paid by the participant in order to proceed with the Step-Up™ Process.
    An exception to this rule is if the original product came with a promotional game. This is deemed as a gift and does not need to be returned with the trade-in card. The participant will not be charged for not returning a bundled game.

When you submit your application to take advantage of the Step-up™ Program, you will be required to select and purchase your upgrade video card at that time. You will be required to pay for the upgrade cost along with the shipping fee. The total charge will depend on the value of the upgrade card less the value of your trade-in card plus the shipping fee associated with shipping your upgrade card to you.

Your purchase price will be reduced by the amount equal to the original purchase price of the graphics card that you are trading in. Because this value is initially entered by you, it will be subject for review by EVGA - who may elect to add or remove additional charges based on the accuracy of the original application. Also, the Step-up™ upgrade cannot be used with any other offers or promotions.

In the event that after review of the submitted invoice/receipt, the Step-Up™ purchase price must be adjusted, the customer will receive an email detailing the amount and reason for the adjustment. The customer must then pay for the requested amount before the Step-Up™ process can continue. In the case that the review deems the Step-Up™ request to be outside of the program requirements, a full refund of the Step-Up™ charges will be made to the participant and their request denied.

After you have applied, selected your upgrade card, and made your upgrade purchase; you will need to fax or email your original invoice or receipt to EVGA. After we have received and verified your information, you will be approved for an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number, which you will need to send your trade-in card to EVGA. You will receive the RMA number through email along with detailed instructions on how to proceed with the Step-Up™ Program.

After EVGA receives your trade-in card, it may take up to two business days to process and ship your Step-Up™ upgrade card.

Once the Step-up™ upgrade card has been shipped from EVGA, the upgrade process has been deemed to be complete. No refunds will be allowed for Step-up™ upgrade purchases.

Each of these steps will come with complete instructions via email as you complete each part of the Step-Up™ Program process. EVGA cannot be held liable for lost or misdirected email. Please ensure that SPAM filtering software, or any other application which might cause EVGA emails to be filtered, is configured to allow emails from EVGA.

The EVGA Step-up™ Program is limited to residents of the Continental US, Canada and Europe only.

Those who qualify for the Step-Up™ Program will be required to ship their old graphics card before EVGA will issue the upgrade video card. EVGA offers no cross-shipping on Step-Up™.

EVGA retains the right to revoke or revise the EVGA Step-Up™ Service at will. If so, participants shall be informed through the EVGA website without notice of any such change.

Terms and Conditions are correct at the time of publication; however EVGA Corp. reserves the right to make any changes to its terms and conditions or policies without prior notice.

Unreleased or future products may not become available or have limited availability for the Step-up™ Program. In the event of limited availability, product will be distributed on a first come first serve basis at the sole discretion of EVGA.

The Signature Series™ product line is limited in quantities and will not be made available as a Step-Up™ option for those users who do not have a Signature Series™ product. Customers who purchase our Signature Series™ line of product will be able to Step-Up™ to any EVGA product listed on our website.

If you have any questions about the preceding Step Up policy, please contact our Customer Service or by calling 888-880-EVGA (3842). Customer Service can be reached anytime 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

TonyM. wrote:
    The Google thing was just a joke not pointed at any one i would never be rude to another Boards member.

I go by the saying google is your best friend! Its my homepage... go into tweaking and modding and look at my thread about overclocking.. I found the last 2 links with google :D

Got my RMA kicked off and sent a mail to EVGA Europe to see if they could take the board. Got a reply back and they are going to exchange the board under the same cross-shipping terms as before! Savage :)
    Cassiel wrote:

• Advertisement

I updated the bios to no.27 and no problems except i cannot post over 1200fsb. which is not a problem with an unlocked chip.
    The only thing holding this computer back is my cooling I have hit a wall with air cooling when i get the new board i might use watercooling on the cpu.

Hi Tony,
    Is that 1200FSB with the new board? How far can it go when you drop the multi right down? Am really hoping for 1600FSB for an overclock with a q6600.
    TonyM. wrote:
    I updated the bios to no.27 and no problems except i cannot post over 1200fsb. which is not a problem with an unlocked chip.
    The only thing holding this computer back is my cooling I have hit a wall with air cooling when i get the new board i might use watercooling on the cpu.

I only got the new board today its just booted up running at 30c with the case open .I replaced the fan on the ninja with an Akaska amber fan.So checking it out now at stock speed i will let you know when overclock it.

Updated the bios on the new board to 27 running at 1200 fsb 10 x 300 for now until the arctic silver sets .
    The fan headers are not working again.

Ok tried 8 x 1600 booted ok but you need 1.500v in the fsb and cpu which will bring up your cpu idle temp. to 55c.

At 3.0 Ghz the temp is 46c it goes up approx. 3c for every .1Ghz gain at 3.50 Ghz its up to 60c idle and under load probably 20c more.

Great cpu great board good for 3.70Ghz if only you can keep it cool, running it 24/7 at 3.2Ghz is like driving a sportscar at the speed limit.

Ouch, looks like I'll have to start thinking about watercooling.
    Great to see the FSB went so far! Thanks for trying it out Tony.

TonyM. wrote:
    Ok tried 8 x 1600 booted ok but you need 1.500v in the fsb and cpu which will bring up your cpu idle temp. to 55c.

At 3.0 Ghz the temp is 46c it goes up approx. 3c for every .1Ghz gain at 3.50 Ghz its up to 60c idle and under load probably 20c more.

Great cpu great board good for 3.70Ghz if only you can keep it cool, running it 24/7 at 3.2Ghz is like driving a sportscar at the speed limit.

Advertisement