Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mr Kennedy and im new

• 19-04-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

This my frist time posting here and i wanted to ask a Question to everyone here.

Do you think that Mr Kennedy is the Future of the WWE?
    Also Will the new "Mr Money in the Bank" use the Great prize as a stepping stone to the Title or Waste it and not win the Title?

Thanks for your comments(if i take any) and I hope to post alot More......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i think Kennedy is fantastic. He still has a good bit to learn, but the rate at which he has developed his ring skills is impressive. Lashley and Batista were both carried through matches by him, and he has put on great matches with 'Taker.

I think the WWE have to be carefull with him - he has fantastic promise, but his charactor and storylines need to be done right. At the moment they are building him very well - as a clever wrestler, like HHH. He isn't on the same level as Edge, or HHH, or HBK; you know, the top guys, but he isn't far off and has the potential to be a main eventer for years to come. I think he could out do the likes of JBL, who has been a top guy in the past.

As for the title shot, he will cash it like Edge did, to garuntee the win. To waste the title shot would ruin the entire point. I reckon it will be a while though - i don't see him skipping to RAW, and Taker isn't going to lose the title anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, every new person on here recently always seems to be a huge fan of Kennedy. He must be doing something good for wrestling

I'm a fan of his. Not a massive fan, but he's refreshing to see at times. Sometimes his promos are lacking in substance. His delivery is usually great, it's just that he seems to say the same old thing over and over at times. The thing is, he's often so good at saying it that a lot of people don't notice that he's not saying all that much

His matches can sometimes stretch a little. He's a big fan of working on a body part during a match, which I like. What I can't say I'm mad about is the constant restholds he uses. Randy Orton is another guy who does them all the time, I think he's great other than that

I hope he gets a title win, as it wouldn't make much sense if he doesn't. He can have his shot at the worst time possible for the champion, and I hope it's as exciting as Edge's win was last year. I've got a funny feeling that he'll go for the ECW title. It would be better for him to beat Cena though, as they could play off of the fact that Cena's lost his title to the 3 MITB winners afterwards

Kennedy's said himself that in the long-term he sees himself as a good guy. I can see him getting over huge in the future when he turns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spotweldjunkie

I need to say one thing please don't call Edge a top GUY i Hate him he cant wrestle he needs to go to a tall Building and jump off with a heavy weight tied around him BUT anyway.

Kennedy is the Best i have seen in a long time since lesnar i dont think a great wrestler has come to the WWE and if they did they were Given a bad storyline.

This guy is the Future and this guy Needs a title ( let him have John Cenas)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I need to say one thing please don't call Edge a top GUY i Hate him he cant wrestle he needs to go to a tall Building and jump off with a heavy weight tied around him BUT anyway.

Kennedy is the Best i have seen in a long time since lesnar i dont think a great wrestler has come to the WWE and if they did they were Given a bad storyline.

Edge has the best year of his career in 2006 he truly became a main eventer,hes the top heel in the company now, Kennedy could be the next Rock,solid but not fantastic wrestling skills,amazing promos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Spotweldjunkie

I hate edge he is so bad The time in edges career was where he was in E&C and now the second half of that is NWA champion and bypassed Edge by light years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Kennedy isnt fit to lick Edges boot straps yet. Edge is a main event star and though Kennedy will be one day he is still not near the level of a guy like Edge. Edge has been involved in so many classic matchs. Remember when Smackdown had Edge, Angle, Eddie and Benoit all at the same time and feuding with each other - now thats great stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭d1sc0g1rl

I love all these kennedy threads
    I said it before, kennedy is the future of the wwe. it will be a while yet before they put the belt on him and I think it will be the undertaker that he will win it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Kennedy isnt fit to lick Edges boot straps yet.

I see Kennedy as the natural heir to Edge. Both cocky, great heels, very charismatic, decent gimmics that they have both got the most out of (although I severely doubt kennedy will beat the live sex show;) )and now a money in the bank win.

As for if he will win the title, I'd say he's a guarantee for the ECW championship unless Shane wins it at backlash. I wouldn't be surprised if he cashed it in at Backlash cos his only angle at the moment is with finlay and it I can't see a decent match out of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fozzy wrote:
    Kennedy's said himself that in the long-term he sees himself as a good guy. I can see him getting over huge in the future when he turns
    I could see him being like Stone Cold.

Not saying he will be as big a legend, just that he could be the 'bad' good guy, the same way stone cold was - i reckon it would be a good role for him. I could see himself and Edge have great matches if they went into a storyline. Both are good in the ring, and don't mind a bit of high flying either. Both are excellent on the mic too - the promos would be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Why is every new member that posts on this forum a big kennedy fan? and always asks us whether we think if mr kennedy is the "future" of the WWE?
    There is no doubt that he is a future star because he has his "money in the bank" suitcase and when he cashes it in,he is bound to win the title.The question is when he will cash it in.
    I personally think its too early to put him up there and that so far I have seen nothing from him that makes him stand out from any other great wrestler...

• Advertisement

fatal wrote:
    Why is every new member that posts on this forum a big kennedy fan? .

The reason most new members including myself like Kennedy is that he has revitalised smackdown since coming back from his injury because he is different to everything on it. Although I love him, if he was on Raw, he'd doubtlessley find it harder to get exposure, but on smackdown, there are very few entertaining stars. Taker doesn't speak, Batista shouldn't, Benoit doesn't speak much and everyone prefered when Kane didn't.Now that Booker T is injured that leaves MVP as his only competition for fans, but he got off to such a bad start it's impossible to see him catching up

There are only two reasons to watch smackdown, MR.... Kennedy... Kennedy and of course the Miz and JBL interacting

"He could tie me to a tree in my prime and not beat me in three weeks.":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:
    Haha, every new person on here recently always seems to be a huge fan of Kennedy. He must be doing something good for wrestling

lol, seems that way alright.

As for Kennedy, he is a good wrestler and probably one of the best heels on Smackdown today! Future champ.

I hope that when they decide for Kennedy to use the MITB that he doesn't get wasted. Taker is gonna be champ for awhile and I can't see Kennedy using it against him. I'm not sure if he would use it against Cena...although right now I'd love to see Kennedy as the champ instead of Cena...or anyone for that matter.

I don't really think he would be suited to ECW, prefer him being on SD. Although to have him defeat Lashley for the title instead of Taker or Cena...people might be convinced that he would go after their titles so going after the ECW title might surprise some people?

JBL has the reason everyone likes Kennedy down to a tee

"I love what he does there! First he says it, then he waits, and you think he’s going to do it, and he doesn’t do it! And again you think he’s going to do it, and he doesn’t do it! Then you think “maybe he’s not gonna do it” and he does it!"

Genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

love the guy !! great ability in the ring and on mic aswell !! has a great gimmik.. The Kennedy Era is going to begin!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I was a bit wary of Kennedy to begin with, but I gots to admit it, he's very good, and I'm a fan now.

Before wrestlemania I was thinking to myself that Kennedy would be the perfect person to go to ECW. Lashley is a bad champion. Not that I have anything against lashley, in the long run I'm sure he'll be a great champ. But not yet, he's just not interesting enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I heard Bryan Alvarez talking about Kennedy on his audio show and he made the point that he can't remember him ever having a great promo and that he just bores him. I would agree with that. I also don't recall him ever having a top-drawer match, although his work has been good this year.

I think he's all hype at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I heard Bryan Alvarez talking about Kennedy on his audio show and he made the point that he can't remember him ever having a great promo and that he just bores him. I would agree with that. I also don't recall him ever having a top-drawer match, although his work has been good this year.

Are you a subscriber now to figure four?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Are you a subscriber now to figure four?

No but I really like the Brian and Vinny show that they do after Raw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

No but I really like the Brian and Vinny show that they do after Raw.

Theres usually a free show during the week too. A couple of weeks ago Austin was on the Dr. Keith Show and it was free. I've plugged the site to death on here but you just get so much for 5/6 euro a month.

I also don't recall him ever having a top-drawer match.

I would have thought money in the bank was good enough;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i think kennedy has been really impressive since late 06 and early 07, i'm not just saying that because i'm a fan, but you have to say his matches with chris benoit and the undertaker were awesome, i think he could be a real star in a couple of years, if WWE don't turn him in to a babyface too early like they did with cena

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I think and have stated it before, Kennedy is a future world champ. But not now, he needs a little more time and he has to pay more dues. To my recolection, his only decent fued was with 'Taker. I think he has fueded already with Benoit, but I think he could definatly benefit from a 3-4 month fued with Benoit and then maybe have him fued with a good promo guy to improve his promos. Let him do that and then challenge 'Taker and take the title around Survivor Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

This guy would not have stood out 8-9 years ago, but the general standard has slipped considerably since then and that he does stand out from a bad bunch now. Future world champ? Certainly. Considered at the same level as Austin/Rock etc? Never!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

Edge is the man, one of the all time greats.

anyway---kenndy is the future of wwe, i think he is good.

I reckon he will not win the title match when he hands over the suit case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭kentonbomb

i think he wil win next years royal rumble and still have the briefcase

kentonbomb wrote:
    i think he wil win next years royal rumble and still have the briefcase

I think something similar will happen but the rumble is too far away. I'd say hell earn a title shot, lose the match, but then cash it in immedietly afterwards and win.

The WWE has been playing him up as smart but they probably won't copy edge's victory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Bubs101 wrote:
    I think something similar will happen but the rumble is too far away. I'd say hell earn a title shot, lose the match, but then cash it in immedietly afterwards and win.

The WWE has been playing him up as smart but they probably won't copy edge's victory

That's the most likely thing to happen. He'll lose a title match, then smash the champion with a chair for few minutes, cash in the money in the bank and pin the injured champion.

Advertisement