Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tim Duncan's Ejection

Options
  • 19-04-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

This happened a few days age but only had time to post it now.

It was a joke! joey crawford is a dumbass and as Timmy says joey definetly has something against him. joey crawford was banned for the rest of the season and Tim Duncan was fined $15,000 for his locker room comments to the press about joey.

The Ejection: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky6Rqf6iYJI

Timmys locker room reaction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B4smT43bMU

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭nzamcdza

complete joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

A sad example of the Referres in the NBA becoming control freaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah this was the most trivial thing I've ever seen in the NBA, the referee was just being a clown imo.

I dont know the ins and outs of the rules of basketball but that seemed ridiculous. Whatever about the first incident where Crawford seemed to caution him after awarding the free throw....Duncan looked like he did say something the first time, the second one which resulted in the ejection was a joke. He didnt say anything, and the gy beside him was laughing as well.

I dont see why they can fine Duncan whilst maintaining Crawford is in the wrong either. If a ref ****s up that badly, especially when he seems to have a personal problem with one player, they shouldnt protect him from verbal assaults, particularly from that player. Crawford got slaughtered for this in the media at the time and rightly so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I agree with you 100%. Had it been someone like Rasheed Wallace (who leads the league in Technicals - or nearly does anyway) then you could understand the NBA backing up the ref........but this is Tim Duncan, the guy is not a gangster like most of the league, he doesn't mouth off, he's not aggresive......if anything, if you wanted to show a kid how a sports person should act then I'd tell them to watch Duncan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement