Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Backwards Compatability Update

• 19-04-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

New update coming this month (if it's not already here). Finally get to play JSRF and PanzerDragoon Orta on my 360!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

MechWarrior II: Lonewolf is out too!
    Finally!!!!!

Thing is though, according to the MS site, it's American versions only!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

anyone else wish they had mashed?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Panzer Dragon Orta now works on Irish 360s! Im playing it now and it looks superb:)
    Its runnig at 1920x1080i @ 60hz altho the actual resolution itself looks similar to what it did on the xbox, maybe a bit sharper but at least I can now play it again and on a decent tv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

what Gonzo said :D

going to try it in 720p myself.

And Full Spectrum Warrior!! woot!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,816 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone know if Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast is working. If it is then there's no reason to hang on to the old xbox anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't think it does, retr0, it's not on the list anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Nope, as far as I know Outrun 2 hasn't been added yet. This and Gun Valkyrie would be sweet. As an aside, it states in the instruction manual that the lead femal character from Gun Valkyrie is from Ballymun. Explains a lot:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Don't mean to go off topic, but it's slightly related.

For the games that are compatible how do they look on a HD screen when played through the 360?
    I never had an xbox and I've no xbox games but my PS2 doesn't look great on a HD screen. There are some xbox games that I'm interested in picking up and if the 360 enhances the image quality I'll go with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

At last street fighter anniversary works too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

evad_lhorg wrote:
    At last street fighter anniversary works too!!!
    It does!? OMG OMG OMG! Work better have a second hand copy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

No chronicles of riddick?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No Stranger's Wrath still... alas.
    But now I can finally play Panzer Dragoon.... but I do need to find it first which will prove slightly difficult me thinks. [chancing arm] Anyone know anywhere in town that has copies? [/chancing arm] Don't want to go the ebay route if I dont have to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

very hard to find around town. i got mine last year off amazon.co.uk marketplace for €13 delivered. fantastic value even if it was preowned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

No Stranger's Wrath still... alas.
    But now I can finally play Panzer Dragoon.... but I do need to find it first which will prove slightly difficult me thinks. [chancing arm] Anyone know anywhere in town that has copies? [/chancing arm] Don't want to go the ebay route if I dont have to...
    Johnny if you chance any more of your arm you will have none left:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Im still waiting for Marvel vs Capcom 2 to be made compatible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

been waiting to play panzer dragoon on my 360 since my original xbox died a few months ago

why no strangers wrath though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,269 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

brav wrote:
    anyone else wish they had mashed?
    i bought mashed ages ago...don't think i have broken the shrink rap yet! bought it to play with mates down in college, but we never got round to actually playing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Johnny if you chance any more of your arm you will have none left:D

Well what do you know? Was browsing through my local gamestop today and there was not one but two copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta. Looking foward to a good whack at it later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭FranchisePlayer

Well what do you know? Was browsing through my local gamestop today and there was not one but two copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta. Looking foward to a good whack at it later :)
    fair play.

Hmm seems as if the update is not as successful as initally thought. Orta only works up until the FMV after the 3rd episode, followed by a crash. Thought this could have been my disc, but seems like a PAL wide issue according to some fansites.
    Boo-urns! Will have to pull out the dust gathering black brick upstairs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement