Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

realex or custom ssl for payments

Options
  • 19-04-2007 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im doing a site that will require a step where the customer makes a payment. Although Realex is easy etc. the client asked me to check out setting up our own payment system as he felt having everything on the same domain looks way more professional.

What do i need to consider for setting up my own payment system besides SSL cert. Who do i actually submit the payment details to ?

Sorry, i really dont know much about this as i have always used Realex before

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

contact Realex. They can give you the option to check-out on your server and get the response back, or check-out on their server with small custome headers to make it look like your site.
    The second is a better option as you don't have to store any CC details on your server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭misterq

You don't sound like you have a great understanding of the realex system. I would advise you to read the documentation thoroughly before using the XML based system.

The XML based system does keep everything on your domain, but it also means the card numbers are passing through your server and this places the onus on you to ensure everything is 100% secure.

You would need to be very comfortable with this and make it clearly understood to the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

misterq wrote:
    You don't sound like you have a great understanding of the realex system. I would advise you to read the documentation thoroughly before using the XML based system.

The XML based system does keep everything on your domain, but it also means the card numbers are passing through your server and this places the onus on you to ensure everything is 100% secure.

You would need to be very comfortable with this and make it clearly understood to the client.

meant to post something like this earlier ...

To be honest suicide

Edit: I say this ... because you are asking questions on this board asking how to do it ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you are collecting any personal / confidential information from clients then you should use SSL.

If you don't understand how Realex works then you shouldn't even attempt to use the XML option.

Advertisement