Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Patched Receiver??

• 19-04-2007 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi Folks,

Need your help again.. I'm thinking of getting an TECHNOMATE SATELLITE RECEIVER TM 1500 CI. Some of the ones I'm seeing are patched... I take it
    these ones can unlock some encrypted channels?? Is there any point in getting one of these.. to be honest I'm really getting it to receive Polish channels TVP1 and TVP2 etc and FTA Polish channels... It seems like a good entry level box..

Is there any point in getting a patched version? or should I just get the normal one.. Just to point out I'll probably be able to get my hands on the encryption cards from Poland...

Any help folks would be great..

Thanks Again....

Daz:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭karl200607

From what ive heard about the 1500ci it is a good box for entry level im looking to get this reciever for patching too but concerned whether it will soon be replaced by a newer model any opinions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Reception of ANYONE's encrypted channels without proper card / payment is a criminal offence in the EU.

You can be fined and imprisioned just for obstructing the investigating officer.

"patching" to use a soft CAM or incompatible CAM and then using the real, paid for viewing card fir only the stations you ment to get is acceptible. Patching to get payTv without payment is criminal and can't be discussed.

If Boards.ie was asked for your identities / IP address etc, we would have to give it otherwise we would be guilty of a criminal offence under the act.

The ISP will then have to tell the investigating officer which location/account used the IP at the time boards.ie logged it.

It's in the forum rules. Read them. If either of you again discuss patched receivers you will have to be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement