Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Herbal Cigs

• 19-04-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Remeber back when the smkoing ban was introduced there was talk that herbal cigarettes would be allowed in bars?

Anyone know where to get herbal type non tobacco smokes?

Im a very light smoker (emphais on light ) I smoke maybe 1 a day at night before bed. Usually a menthol type.
    Preferably id like to swap the tobacco all together for something less harmful and with no nicotene...

Any suggestions

Cheers
    DM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭massplanck

You can buy herbal cigarettes in most health food type shops. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Archeron

When I gave up smoking, I missed the feel of the smoke in my neck, and to combat that, I started herbal smokes instead. I found them only in a couple of chemists, and even at that, they were only selling off old stock.

They advised me that they were actually being phased out, and that pharmacies would not be allowed stock them anymore. None of the health food shops or natural shops that I tried stocked them.
    One pharmacist told me that they are actually even more evil that regular ciggies, and that it was a bit of a conflict of interest for a store like a pharmacy to stock something like that.

If it helps, the Honeyrose brand is (or was anyway) stocked by a company called Kelkin in Dublin. At one point, I rang them and they were very helpful and told me that they would be able to help me source them, but I never followed through on it, as finding out that they are worse than regular cigs made me think twice (I previously thought they were "harmless" :rolleyes: )

I would say though that they did begin to make me want to crave the normal ones again, so I stopped promptly, and they also taste and smell awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 DrFunkenstein

I was on a quest for these things myself, when I asked at the pharmacies and health shops, they looked at me like I had too heads...

Then promptly offered Nicotine replacement therapy patches/gum..

What the hell like.. :( Do they want to keep us hooked on nicotine..

I stopped smoking (using nicotine) Sixteen Days, 1 Hour and 57 Minutes, extending my life expectancy 16 Hours, by avoiding the use of 193 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me €61.79.
    (just a wee copy and paste from a program I downloaded)

If you need somthing to keep your mind off ciggies and keep you hands busy, go and get a couple of bags of seed mix and lollypops and things like that.. They taste alot better than you would think and they're really really good for you.

Lots of advice @ http://www.whyquit.com

Best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Archeron wrote:

If it helps, the Honeyrose brand is (or was anyway) stocked by a company called Kelkin in Dublin. At one point, I rang them and they were very helpful and told me that they would be able to help me source them, but I never followed through on it, as finding out that they are worse than regular cigs made me think twice (I previously thought they were "harmless" :rolleyes: )

I would say though that they did begin to make me want to crave the normal ones again, so I stopped promptly, and they also taste and smell awful.

So the herbal ones contain harmful chemicals too??:confused:

No pont if they taste Sh!te. Surely there must be something out there. Ill see whats in the local health food shop tonite I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Archeron

So the herbal ones contain harmful chemicals too??:confused:

No pont if they taste Sh!te. Surely there must be something out there. Ill see whats in the local health food shop tonite I guess.

Yes, apparently so. The pharmacist told me that the amount of tar in the herbals far exceeds that in normal cigarettes, which did explain the woeful cough and the "matter" i brought up after smoking them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Holland and Barett on grafton street have a good selection. I am off cigs for three years and use these as an alternative for smoking a spliff or two ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

If you're desperate to get them for some reason the internet is full of them, and they're extremely cheap. I actually have a plan to combine NRT with herbal cigarettes but at different times so as to dissociate the feeling from the act. I also succeeded in quitting smoking for a few weeks three years ago when I was smoking rollies by gradually mixing bits of sage into the tobacco (I'm sure there's better alternatives) until I was only smoking sage. Went back on them after repeat exams gave me an excuse, but I'm sure there's some very creative ways to give up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 simplicity2550

I have been quiting for 3 weeks by reading and following the instructions from this quit smoking ebook such as understand addiction,creating supporter and success strategies. http://www.stop-and-quit-smoking.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

is there any shops now stocking herbal cigs. tried holland and barrett and they no longer stock them.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Try a new thread. This one is 7 years old!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement