Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PADI Diving in Cork

• 19-04-2007 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    I learned how to dive back in 2000 and I did a bit on and off during 2002/3. I have the PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water Courses completed.
    I am now living in Cork and I would like to get back into diving. I'm not sure if I would have time for joining a club but I would love to be able to go for the occasional dive in the summers evenings on at weekends. Do any clubs in Cork accept PADI divers or would I have to re-train.
    Are there any PADI dive centres offering regular dives around Cork?

Thanks

Donie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

It's been 2 years since I was diving in cork.
    However I did my PADI training with Munster Dive and Canoe (www.mdac.ie) they're located around the corner from Lennoxs on Barrack St.

They used to do Monday evening diving from Roberts Cove after work not sure if they still do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

There's an excellent dive centre in Baltimore, (West) Cork: Aquaventures. I go there annually for a bit of wreck diving. Will be down there in July this year too!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

Scuba.ie wrote:
    There's an excellent dive centre in Baltimore, (West) Cork: Aquaventures. I go there annually for a bit of wreck diving. Will be down there in July this year too!:D

What wrecks do you recommend? I'm originally from Cork but living in NZ now. Am home for 3 weeks in June and are planning to do the U-260, possibly the Kowloon Bridge too. Any other must dives ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Scuba.ie

Depends on the depth you're going to. There's the Dido, the Hourtien the Illyrian etc. Have a look at http://www.aquaventures.ie/ they have a detailed listing of the sites they go to.
    Fastnet Rock is worth going to if you have the weather...

Advertisement