Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New mod for pro wrestling

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Even as a former Mod, I would have to say the casual user is more inclined to look for it under both

In the past it has been listed as being under "sport(s)" and/or entertainment

Its really a case of boards deciding to leave it were it is or move it.

Personally it doesnt bother me one jot, users can still find it, it will still be used no matter where it is (unless its renamed "big men in pants touching each other")

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Like I said, I couldn't care less where its put . Stick it anywhere.

I just think if a new person came on here they would look for it under sports than tv. Again I could be wrong about that but thats what I think.

Again on the UFC and all that. The MMA board does talk about it as does the wrestling. But if you look at the threads there are alot of differences. Compare them right row.

The one in the Self Defence forum is about the actual fight while the one in the pro-wrestling has moved on to it could effect the UFC long term, how people would book it etc... Its coming at the same topic from completely different angles which is fun and enjoyable and I don't think you'd get that by having UFC being solely talked in the MMA forum. I know you wouldn't. They'd tell me to shut up with my promotion talk and join a kick boxing class!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Ph3n0m wrote:

Personally it doesnt bother me one jot, users can still find it, it will still be used no matter where it is (unless its renamed "big men in pants touching each other")

doesn't one of them wear a dress now tho...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

RuggieBear wrote:
    doesn't one of them wear a dress now tho...?

hey what ever is comfortable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Amz wrote:
    Yeah, Pride FC and UFC, The Ultimate Fighter series of TV shows etc.

Pride FC should be discussed in LGB tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Surely anyone who "volunteers" to Mod pro wrestling automatically disqualifies themselves?

Perhaps 6th should be made mod. He's gagging for it! :D

Although I'm not sharing my drugs or hookers with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

psi wrote:
    So should soccer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

psi wrote:

Soccer too.

EDIT: dammit Amz, I answer the phone and I get beaten.

Hehehe!

(Sowee!)

Silverfish wrote:
    Soccer too.

To be honest, I think the team I support are!
    EDIT: dammit Amz, I answer the phone and I get beaten.
    On the bright side, you have more friends than Amz.....

<3 Amz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Perhaps 6th should be made mod. He's gagging for it! :D

I've stayed away from Wrestlings since Big Boss Man died. RIP.

Waits for jokes about that not stopping me talking to him.

psi wrote:
    On the bright side, you have more friends than Amz.....

<3 Amz
    Pfft, just because I have some standards.

Amz wrote:
    Pfft, just because I have some standards.

You've just intimated that silverfish has no social standards.....

Way to promote solidarity sister!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

psi wrote:
    You've just intimated that silverfish has no social standards.....

Way to promote solidarity sister!!

She's right. I don't.

Is that the best you can do psi?

Amz wrote:
    Is that the best you can do psi?

Unfortunately, yes :(

I'm restraining my wit lest I lose control of it and unleash it in an inappropriate other part of boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭King.Penguin

Why aren't we having this discussion about scuba diving? What about greyhound racing? It doesn't matter what category it is in. Doesn't make a slight bit of difference whether it's TV or sport to me. All I care about is the feud between jake the snake roberts and andre the giant (RIP).

Well I've been an advocat of a MMA forum rather than a SD/MA forum for a long time but that's a matter for another day. I think the pro wreslters got their new mod anyway so case closed.

Why aren't we having this discussion about scuba diving? What about greyhound racing? It doesn't matter what category it is in. Doesn't make a slight bit of difference whether it's TV or sport to me. All I care about is the feud between jake the snake roberts and andre the giant (RIP).
    We're not having this discussion about Scuba diving because Scuba Diving is not the same as Pro-Wrestling in any way, shape, or form.

That good enough for you?
    Well I've been an advocat of a MMA forum rather than a SD/MA forum for a long time but that's a matter for another day. I think the pro wreslters got their new mod anyway so case closed.
    As you're probably aware that discussion has been had on the SD/MA forum and as you may not know, on the Moderators forum also.

Amz wrote:
    We're not having this discussion about Scuba diving because Scuba Diving is not the same as Pro-Wrestling in any way, shape, or form.
    I disagree, they both feature competitors wear very tight outfits that leave little to the imagination....

Yes, but that would imply that those who watch pro-wrestling have an imagination to begin with.

• Advertisement

What a man.

wrld-andre01-1.jpg

Stop posting pictures of yourself!

Post Reported.

I'm just demonstrating the athleticism of some of the the stars of Pro wrestling, evidence for their place as sportsmen and woman not actors.

Right, so he's obviously a member of the Jabba the Hut acadamy of elite sports development.

jabba.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Wrestling is a sport.

However "pro wrestling" is not wrestling.

It should be in Televsion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Talliesin wrote:
    Wrestling is a sport.

However "pro wrestling" is not wrestling.

It should be in Televsion.
    "Reality TV" or "Soaps". G'wan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I think a few here seem to believe they are being clever and funny, perhaps trying to get a rise of the pro-wrestling fans with their comments about the forum being unsuitable for the sports forum.

I doubt there are many pro-wrestling fans in the world over the age of six who believes that what happens in the ring is real.

I post in the pro-wrestling forum and have been a pro-wrestling fan for nearly 20 years now and my opinion has always been that the forum does not belong in sports and would be much more at home in the television category.

Advertisement