Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Public service ads

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Davedubh

Not sure if it is the same ad but there a white Hillman Hunter being driven by a man and some guy lets off a toy soldier from a elastic band, hitting the windscreen and causing a crash?[/QUOTE]

Thats right ,it was a sort of action man in a tweed suit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

G Luxel wrote: »
    There are a number of these ads I remembered from the eighties or maybe earlier:

There is the one about rabies and shows pictures of a dog jumping from a boat and a man in bed in agony. A similiar ad is a cartoon with a dog left out, running wild with other dogs and killing sheep. The end of the ad said 'running free, he could be a killer'.

There was another ad about sweets and what not to give to children, a big X sign appears over a bottle of lemonade.

A road safety ad featuring cars like a Fiat I28 approaching a bypass junction, probably somewhere in Dublin and the ad quoted something like Indicate Right, move out slowly......

A really scary ad featured a car crash, a body lying on a trolley covered with a sheet and at the end a black Mercedes hearse driving slowly on the road.
    Not sure if it is the same ad but there a white Hillman Hunter being driven by a man and some guy lets off a toy soldier from a elastic band, hitting the windscreen and causing a crash?[/QUOTE]

Apologies for bumping a nine year old thread.I'm glad someone else remembers that one other than me.It was a sort of Action Man type figure in civilian clothes and I remember it had a very 70's looking checked jacket of the exact same type that James Garner used to often wear in The Rockford Files (pictured below.)What actually happened in the ad was someone fired the doll figure through the windscreen of a car from the inside with a catapult to demonstrate the dangers of not wearing a seatbelt,I don't recall a car crashing,but I remember bit with the doll figure very clearly.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTp8uT0UWdiOnifk-KTvsRu6xmVRhfzyhu5L2EAwCNZMh1-R3h9jwn4D0US

Advertisement