Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virginia Tech

Options
  • 20-04-2007 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

What do Virginia Tech and Mount Everest have in common?
    They both have a crazy slope and are -32.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

But funny. Even my American friends loved it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

FX Meister wrote:
    But funny. Even my American friends loved it.

Oh - we'll that's alright then...

In humour I don't think anything is sacred once dealt with well, and as such I've no problem with a joke that's based on a tragic event per se, but at least make it funny - otherwise it's just being controversial for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

That is funny though? Maybe you just don't get it. As for your comment "we'll that's alright then..." is that aimed at americans? Most of them are uptight and can't laugh at themselves. So it must be funny if they love it. Lighten up dude, it's the humour forum FHG

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

FX Meister wrote:
    That is funny though? Maybe you just don't get it.

So when I don't find your joke funny, it must be because I don't get it? Look - it's a matter of opinion and I'm expressing mine.
    As for your comment "we'll that's alright then..." is that aimed at americans? Most of them are uptight and can't laugh at themselves. So it must be funny if they love it. Lighten up dude, it's the humour forum FHG

No, it's aimed at you and your belief that if you can find one person to laugh at a joke that some might think would offend them, then it's obviously funny and worthy... you're also making plenty of generalisations about Americans, and seem to think that your American friends are representative of America itself, which is bizarre. Getting one Jew to laugh at a holocaust joke doesn't justify it or make it any less tasteless for the rest of the world and if a joke is funny enough it shouldn't matter who else finds it funny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

There is a place for controversial jokes.

Everything else in this thread can be taken to PM or the Thunderdome and let Tina Turner decide the outcome.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement