Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair contacts in the North-West ?..

Options
  • 20-04-2007 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

A number of my friends are having great problems finding, honest and reliable
    computer repair people , thankfully I do not have this problem, but a number of leaflets have been put through peoples doors, and when they respond because they have a problem, the way they have been treated and charged is causing serious concern.

I know it is difficult, as in any trade or profession to find the best in any given area of the country, has anyone got any ideas on how we could block the charlatans exploiting computer innocent individuals from 'fly by nights'.

Any suggestions appreciated. As the individuals I know, simply can not cope with the demand on the service they offer :( .

P. :cool:

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

Post a question in relation to the problem they have on the boards. Ocean Fm have a techie Talk spot on Friday Mornings also, though you might need to email or text in the problem first to get it included.

email is comments@oceanfm.ie
    text is 086 22 00 530
    phone is 0818365500

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im going to stamp a wee bit of authority on this in light of a recent thread that had to be removed.

I have a fair idea as to who's who on the forum and I dont mind anyone posting up along the lines that they had their PC repaired/upgraded by ABC Ltd who are located in Ballykissmearse. But be careful people - there will be no free advertising here. Anything that looks remotely like promoting a particular business or individual will be dealt with and the user banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

muffler wrote:
    Im going to stamp a wee bit of authority on this in light of a recent thread that had to be removed.

I have a fair idea as to who's who on the forum and I dont mind anyone posting up along the lines that they had their PC repaired/upgraded by ABC Ltd who are located in Ballykissmearse. But be careful people - there will be no free advertising here. Anything that looks remotely like promoting a particular business or individual will be dealt with and the user banned.

I agree with muffler, if you are a computer repair person, feel free to pm paddy. Please dont post your company address as it may be looked upon as an advert

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Paddy,

I know a good guy at this job in Lifford. If you want, I will pm his details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

smashey wrote:
    Paddy,

I know a good guy at this job in Lifford. If you want, I will pm his details.

Hey thanks smashey,

My brother in law is in Portugal at the mo, but if you PM the details to me I will pass them on when he gets back in 12 days from now :) .

P. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭jimmeh

vccomputers mountain top letterkenny, best in the business imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I second Jimmeh, VC Computers are good.
    I'm biased because I used to work there, but they know their stuff very well, and their prices are very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Same deal with me as above ^^ My Brother works runs a Tech place in buncrana, pm if you want details, if its something simple just ask me also in a pm, i dabble in it as a hobby :D

Advertisement