Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Aldi & Lidl have a fear of Navan?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 xcrieve

Aldi have put in for another planning permission in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭2qk4u

Work has started on the new Lidl in Navan, it will be next to the filling station in the Trim road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

2qk4u wrote: »
    Work has started on the new Lidl in Navan, it will be next to the filling station in the Trim road.

Yessss I thought thats what it was. Do you know if they are looking for people to work there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 magnumopus

Navan's shopping in general isn't the best. Most shops centre around Kennedy Rd and thats a nightmare if your driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Aldi are opening on brews hill in a couple of months...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I dont think either Lidl or Aldi will contribute a lot to Navan. Both are cheap but you get what you pay for and having tried some of their food on a few occasions I personally dont think they can compare to Irish stores on quality. They are great at marketing and some of their non food stuff is good. But my experience is you could read a paper through some of their sliced meat, Ham rashers etc. . Its fine for kids party food and snack food. While Irish stores are more expensive the quality of what we get we feel is generally better. And by the way I am not a big earner

If Dunnes is as bad as people earlier have said has anyone bothered to pick up the phone to Dunnes H.Q? Dunnes are generally quite good.

I have not been in Navan in 2 years now but think its a good town but Drogheda, Ashbourne and Blanchardstown are more convienent for people and they do their shopping on way home from work. I know 3 people from Navan who shop in JCs in Swords on their way home from work and 2 of them have a Lidl beside where they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Well, 3 years after opening this thread, i think we can finally say that Aldi & Lidl do not have a fear of Navan, they just took their sweet fecking time!!! :D

Nice to see them here, as its not just the fact that you go in to buy ham and cheese and come out with a power drill and hanging baskets, but also the fact that this will cause the big boy retailers established in Navan to lower inflated prices and will start competition in the town for once.

Thread closed me thinks!

Advertisement