Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 Sony Vegas 6.0 Questions.

• 20-04-2007 2:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

Sorry for the noobiness, but I really have no clue :D

1. The clips I want to put into the final movie are 960x600, how can i get vegas to render them to this resolution? I can only get it to render at preset resolutions :confused:

2. When I slow parts of a clip down, how can I get the audio to be in sync with the speed of the video? At the moment I have a nice slo-mo video clip, but the audio carries on at normal speed and gets out of sync with the video.

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I don't use vegas, so just guessing.

1. Is there not a "Custom" button/option somewhere.
    2. Slowing the sound down will be rubbish and it'll sound terrible. You can do it, but will probably have to use an audio programme to extend/compress the time.... this will lead to pitch changing. There's a fancier way of doing it that will keep the pitch the same, but my mind is blank atm.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭MLM

KamiKazi wrote:
    Sorry for the noobiness, but I really have no clue :D

1. The clips I want to put into the final movie are 960x600, how can i get vegas to render them to this resolution? I can only get it to render at preset resolutions

Thanks in advance folks.
    Just out of curiousity, how did you get a size of 960x600? Is it content created in an animation or graphics package? If so it might be easier to try and re-size them within the application they were created. The size for standard definition PAL is 720x576 and this is the size you should aim for. Also make sure the pixels are non-square and the frame rate is 25 frames per second. Just guessing, also not familiar with Vegas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea 960 * 600 is a random res. Widescreen is 1024 * 576 so you're in the middle or 4:3 and 16:9

John

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

http://library.albany.edu/imc/tutav.htm

and scroll to sony vegas

should help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

thanks guys. basically im making a clan movie, and thats the resolution that i started recording footage ingame at as i think it will give me the nicest balance between quality and filesize.

• Advertisement
Advertisement