Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of a build?

Options
  • 20-04-2007 6:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

Well im after buying a PC on
    ebay for roughly 300 euro which specifications are

Processor : AMD FX-60 Dual Core - :D bargain tbh
    RAM : 1.5gb Crucial value ram (1gb + 512mb)
    Motherboard : MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (skt 939)
    Hard Drives : 350gb 2 x 100gb WD (caviar afaik) and 1 150gb (samsung) (SATA)
    Graphics card : Radeon 1650 PRO turbo
    Case : Aerocool Aero - Engine 2
    (http://www.aerocool.us/Images/case/aeroengine2/AEII-p2.jpg)
    Operating System : Windows XP pro SP2
    DVD Writer : Lightscribe
    Power supply : 450 watt

what i plan on doing is cannibalising certain parts of the machine (specifically the FX-60 Dual core and possibly a hard drive) to use in my current build. What is left i tend to resell - what im wondering is what kind of value i should expect to fetch for such a machine if i was to put an AMD 3700+ clawhammer and another 1.5gb of ram to make it a total of 3gb (2 x 1gb and 2 x 512mb).
    Id also give it the full works with some overclocking.cooling and a load of useful software and a few games thrown in for good measure. also does anyone know of any issues that may occur with any of the components?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Hercule wrote:
    Well im after buying a PC on
    ebay for roughly 300 euro which specifications are

Processor : AMD FX-60 Dual Core - :D bargain tbh
    RAM : 1.5gb Crucial value ram (1gb + 512mb)
    Motherboard : MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum (skt 939)
    Hard Drives : 350gb 2 x 100gb WD (caviar afaik) and 1 150gb (samsung) (SATA)
    Graphics card : Radeon 1650 PRO turbo
    Case : Aerocool Aero - Engine 2
    (http://www.aerocool.us/Images/case/aeroengine2/AEII-p2.jpg)
    Operating System : Windows XP pro SP2
    DVD Writer : Lightscribe
    Power supply : 450 watt

what i plan on doing is cannibalising certain parts of the machine (specifically the FX-60 Dual core and possibly a hard drive) to use in my current build. What is left i tend to resell - what im wondering is what kind of value i should expect to fetch for such a machine if i was to put an AMD 3700+ clawhammer and another 1.5gb of ram to make it a total of 3gb (2 x 1gb and 2 x 512mb).
    Id also give it the full works with some overclocking.cooling and a load of useful software and a few games thrown in for good measure. also does anyone know of any issues that may occur with any of the components?

If you plan to re-sell just throw in 2gb of ram. as 3gb will be a waste, and if you have 2x1gb and 2x512mb you will not be able to run in dual channel. So that will be a small drop in performance.

But if you do that and stick in the 3700+ you can expect maybe 350-400€ at most. But you might be better of just splitting it all and selling it seperatly on www.adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

Step 1. Buy PC on ebay
    Step 2. Take FX-60 out :D
    Step 3. ????????
    Step 4. Profit :D

posible step 5 = buy an nvidia 8800 :D

Advertisement