Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Javascript in Firefox

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I have an edit form and there are 2 buttons in the page. Cancel & Save.

When I save the information it, closes the page(same windows) and goes back to the display list. However, when I cancel, it does not work.... in Firefox(IE absolutely perfect)... Below is the code for the cancel button :

if (isset($_REQUEST)) {
    window.navigate("../testemployee.php");
    }

<td width="40%" class="title"><span class="text"><input type="button" name="cancel" value=" Cancel " onClick="window.navigate('../testemployee.php')"></span></td>

Any ideas for it to work in Firefox??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

keithrus wrote:
    I have an edit form and there are 2 buttons in the page. Cancel & Save.

When I save the information it, closes the page(same windows) and goes back to the display list. However, when I cancel, it does not work.... in Firefox(IE absolutely perfect)... Below is the code for the cancel button :

if (isset($_REQUEST)) {
    window.navigate("../testemployee.php");
    }

<td width="40%" class="title"><span class="text"><input type="button" name="cancel" value=" Cancel " onClick="window.navigate('../testemployee.php')"></span></td>

Any ideas for it to work in Firefox??

try:
    [html]
    <input type="button" name="cancel" value=" Cancel " onclick="document.location.href='../testemployee.php'" />
    [/html]

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

No Eoin,

That command does not even work in IE :(

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

try
    <input type="button" name="cancel" value="  Cancel  " onclick="[B]window[/B].location.href='../testemployee.php'" />

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

keithrus wrote:
    No Eoin,

That command does not even work in IE :(

That worked in both Firefox and IE for me, but only when I accessed it through my webserver, not from my PC.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Don't think you need to reference the .href to change the page.

window.location = {some_location};

should work fine

• Advertisement
Advertisement