Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framed again!

Options
  • 20-04-2007 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a few pictures framed ready for hanging. The only shop I know is FrameMakers (?) there beside John Grace's chicken. Are there better/cheaper alternatives in or around the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Got a few done last year in a place out in douglas mills ( behind Dinos). Dont know the price but the wife got them done and she usually shops around for most things.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 peveril13

like the title goes I cant remember the name of it, or even the street!
    its just off north main st, heading towards the mercy, my camera club gets all its stuff out of there and they are great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

there is a good cheap one in carrigaline she is open bout two years and my mom has gotten a few things framed in there and presents and stuff happy with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Thanks, all. Little late, as I went to Framemakers last Saturday, but good to know for future.
    peveril13 wrote:
    like the title goes I cant remember the name of it, or even the street!
    its just off north main st, heading towards the mercy, my camera club gets all its stuff out of there and they are great.
    If this is the place near Currans (sp?) the restuarant, the last time I went there, the bloke behind the counter gave me an awful look when I walked in, totally put me off buying anything.

ya I think currans i across the road alright.
    I work in retail, every1 is entitled to have a bad day, I have mine at least 4-6 days a week!

if u get brave again, they are very good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

Hi, I was wondering the same thing myself - i think the place by Currans is called Marcus? They are supposed to be good alright. Just wondering how much it cost around to get the picture framed? Havn't a clue what it would cost so just curious really, need to get a few things framed soon myself!! Would yee recommend Marcus so or the Framemakers??

ya thats the name of the place Ive used, marcus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Well, I collected my pieces from FrameMaker on Saturday, 330 all in to mount and frame 7 pieces of various shapes and sizes. Top notch work, but the next time, I'll give Marcus a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

i know its a bit late but i spotted a place in the innishmore retail park, in ballincollig this morning. its across the road from the sorting office. i dunno what they're like but just to let ye know. cant remember the name of again for the life of me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

numorouno wrote:
    i know its a bit late but i spotted a place in the innishmore retail park, in ballincollig this morning. its across the road from the sorting office. i dunno what they're like but just to let ye know. cant remember the name of again for the life of me :rolleyes:
    Where is Innishmore retail park / the sorting office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

ballincollig. if you go past the white horse pub and take the 4th exit off that roundabout and head for the community school. isntead of going right for the community school turn left for the industrial park

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭julesrtc

There is a place inside Paul Street Shopping Centre across from Porters. Only thing is he only does black or timber frames...

Advertisement