Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Technology & Production in LIT

Options
  • 20-04-2007 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'm hoping to start Music Tech and Production this yr in LIT, if there's anyone doin course, could ya comment on it?? Good, Bad or Indifferent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

I'm with Steve O! Let us know folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Surely someone has done this course, no???

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

It's only a new enough course(1st year last year I think) so not many would've done it I'd say

Well i got offered it in the second round offers today, so i'll be there!!!

Me too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭maca912

i'm a second year student, any questions?

Belt them out?

no problem!!

I can't figure out where I have to go Monday morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yeah nobody knows. Typical :D

It'll all work ouot nicely in the end, usually does!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So how do ye find the course? This will be second on my list this year, didn't get UL or LIT last year so i'm trying it again.
    Much appreciated!

• Advertisement

I love it, its not easy but i enjoy the challenge....the subjects are Music Technology, Digital Workstations, Electronic Technology, Audio Electronics, Sound and Light and Music Styles and Structures...

So there is people out there! lol
    Thanks for the reply Steve o...I'll be putting this down as my second choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭RINO87

just hope you dont have ul as your first choice in music technology mars bar! the ul music tech course is very theoritic with feck all studio work. LIT now has some really top notch recording studios (the ones in ul are fairly dated), and students are encouraged to use them as much as possible!

That was the plan actually...hmm, haven't heard too many good things anout that course. Heard the LIT one is better alright. Must take a trip down to the college some day...
    Thanks dudes!!

a coulpe of the lecturers from the mus tech course in ul are now teaching in lit too!

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭starr0409

Im gettin veery mixed up about what course i want to do.....frickin really stressing like...:confused:
    I just cant decide between this course in lit, the music media and performance technology course in ul and something completely different in ucc....Id prefer ul as a college but if the course in lit was worth it i'd go.Someone pleeease help me im going insane!
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Cato

Starr i would recomend going to UL, stay well clear of any media course in LIT!

just check out the facilities in both first, i nwas going to do a masters in music tech in ul until i saw the state of the studios, they are really dated. im going to hold off now for a year and do the masters in lti instead

There is a common "stereotype" i suppose that the IT's are more practical, as in, hands-on. From what I hear from the students in Ul is that the course is quite gammy in first year and very theory based but they are planning to change it next year. I wonder is the IT more hands on in the actual recording side than the Uni. Any comment?!?
    I have seen UL and LOVE the college, haven't seen LIT yet though...

Starr, I know exactly how you are feeling. I just can't seem to make up my mind...

see any thread n an LIT section says to deffinately do this one cause UL sucks and anything i find under UL threads say the opposite.......back to square one

• Advertisement

i think because they both suck, they dident call them media courses for nothing! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭opelmanta

Cato wrote: »
    Starr i would recomend going to UL, stay well clear of any media course in LIT!

i totally agree. the electronics department in lit is just a fceking joke. ferrets would run it better.

okay...UL is just in front now...

yes yes ul is gaining on the inside...... uphill now, still gaining......2, 3 lengths ahead.....and its reputation is just about to kick in for the final furlong....yes!past the post. winner alright winner alright

lol...hope to see ya there starr...

It's up to you but.......I'm doing the course in LIT and I am enjoying it.It's very hands on and practical.The studios in LIT are top class and getting better.On the other hand I have a friend doing the course in UL.He's in 2nd year now and they have to yet to record anything.

well if LIT`s idea of "recording" is still hook a fecking mic up to the sound card on a 10 year old pc and giving an hours theory how to do it before hand, i would rather go to UL and not "record" at all. :o

UL you mean...

It's quite the opposite.If it's sound engineering you wanna do the LIT course is infinitely better.

• Advertisement

Mongo wrote: »
    It's quite the opposite.If it's sound engineering you wanna do the LIT course is infinitely better.

have you tried both? I was in LIT and i found it hard to beleive there was worse courses out there that the one i was doing 40 in the 3 passed at the rest got pissed and left it

Advertisement