Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Technology & Production in LIT

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

yeah I was talking to a sound engineer on saturday night and he said there are more girls going into it now than ever before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭fionntang

are you doing this course as a mature student or have you just done your LC this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

mars bar wrote: »
    I wonder will there be many girls doing the course...it'd be weird if I was the only one.

Last year in first year there was 34 that started the year, 8 of whom were girls... a wee bit off 50/50 methinks! And of that 8, two have dropped out!

fionntang wrote: »
    are you doing this course as a mature student or have you just done your LC this year?

Just out of the LC, I repeated to get the course...
    Steve_o wrote: »
    Last year in first year there was 34 that started the year, 8 of whom were girls... a wee bit off 50/50 methinks! And of that 8, two have dropped out!

Ah right...I don't mind too much to be honest. Was always a bit of a tomboy anyway! Just curiosity made me ask.

Just out of the LC, I repeated to get the course...

Ah right...I don't mind too much to be honest. Was always a bit of a tomboy anyway! Just curiosity made me ask.

Thats dedication for ya... noice one!:D

If my year is anything to judge by, the girls and fellas all hang out together as opposed to the last course I was in where the girls were really cliquey!!

• Advertisement

Hope ours is a nice year...

Hope ours is a nice year...
    since there only 40 in our year i hope so

since there only 40 in our year i hope so

40? :eek:

Holy jaysus, block 15 is f**ked now....

You's probably wont be allowed much access to the main studios this yr, we weren't allowed much last year, you should however read up on using Tascam Portastudios, you will be using them...

Steve_o wrote: »
    40? :eek:

Tascam Portastudios, you will be using them...
    the 4 track recorders?,cheers will have a read up now man

the 4 track recorders?,cheers will have a read up now man

These are 8 track, but ya, makes no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

40?! **** me. That is some load. Understandable that they're expanding it now. Fair must knuckle down with Avid this year. I wanna have that liscence when I leave with my degrees.

Oh, yer all welcome to Spar for yer alcohol too...probably cheaper up in the offo though. Also, be prepared to be ripped off with the prices in Spar but please, direct your complaints to the boss, not me, as I can do **** all about it!

Richy06 wrote: »
    direct your complaints to the boss, not me, as I can do **** all about it!

Just shout THIS IS SPARTA and kick them in the chest... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Mazletov

Hmmm...im not sure about this course. Im interested in making beats on the computer on fruity loops etc. Id like to do something that involves beat making but I dunno is this the right course. Might have to go overseas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RINO87

if you like fruity loops check out ableton live, similar, and endless fun!

so what are you thinking so far Fionntang(you probably have no internet yet but I'll go ahead anyway!)? Only 3 girls, they were missing people though so maybe there is a few to come yet. I'm the shortest girl there so it shouldn't be too hard to recognise me if you want to make yourself known!

Have ye started already??

Well we've been shown around the place and had a look at the studios today...not really started anything as such yet...

i slept in and missed it all today!,wahts your name mars,havnt met you yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

is there any sign of timetable or whats the plan monday, wont be able to make it till then.

My name is Mary...
    Mr. Biazzi, are you starting first year? it's 11a.m room 3B.04. We should be getting timetables then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

My name is Mary...
    Mr. Biazzi, are you starting first year? it's 11a.m room 3B.04. We should be getting timetables then...

Your timetable probably wont be finalised for a week or two. Fair hope we get Fridays off again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

Your timetable probably wont be finalised for a week or two. Fair hope we get Fridays off again this year.

no chance, think that was just a 2nd year thing. Was well handy though.

They said they were giving the timetables to us on Monday, they'll probably be changed twenty times though over the week...

We're trying to organise a Music Tech night out for 1st, 2nd and 3rd yrs at the moment, Video and Sound are welcome also, will keep yee posted.

Heard about this ,sounds like a laugh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭RINO87

well the "unofficial" one tonight was a good laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Anyone doing this course this year? Just got a letter from the college today... really looking forward to it! :)

Well done Strangegravy!

First year is tough but don't be put off by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Cheers Mars Bar, I know two people who did it last year and really like it. I'm going back as a mature student so will be strange to get back into that "class room" type scenario again.. but as I said I'm looking forward to it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mikesmt

got offered this today! pretty happy. i've done a few similar courses before, which were rubbish. anyone in this year?

Advertisement