Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

318Ci - is this a good deal?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

The MFSW can be retrofitted... a lot of Irish and UK owners have done this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Tony255

ciarsd wrote:
    The MFSW can be retrofitted... a lot of Irish and UK owners have done this :)

do you know if this is something that is straight forward and could be attempted without the dealer and also does the cruise control work with a manual gearbox if it is installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Tony255 wrote:
    do you know if this is something that is straight forward and could be attempted without the dealer and also does the cruise control work with a manual gearbox if it is installed?

You will need the dealer to recode the OBC to the car, for the car you choose I think you will also need a new steering wheel and airbag which will add a lot to the cost.
    Cruise will work with manual gearbox.

cyborg wrote:
    You will need the dealer to recode the OBC to the car, for the car you choose I think you will also need a new steering wheel and airbag which will add a lot to the cost.

the dealer told me you dont need a new steering wheel, in my 318 i have the wheel that is already wired for the MFSW panel so all i need to do is have the panel replaced. He said that he does it for a lot of people and it costs €250.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭cyborg

Tony255 wrote:
    the dealer told me you dont need a new steering wheel, in my 318 i have the wheel that is already wired for the MFSW panel so all i need to do is have the panel replaced. He said that he does it for a lot of people and it costs €250.

Sorry Tony I was refering to the car in the op's original post.

• Advertisement

cyborg wrote:
    Sorry Tony I was refering to the car in the op's original post.

no prob, the car in the op's original post also has the same wheel as in mine so it should be the same procedure. i plan to get it changed in mine soon so i will give you all an update as soon as it is done

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

cyborg wrote:

With the steering wheel in the OP's link it's only the top trim of the wheel that's replaced to add the buttons for cruise and stereo control.
    The OBC has nothing to do with the mfsw retrofit and the kit does not require dealer coding.

However, I don't believe the cars are pre-wired for it. The retrofit kit alone costs almost €200 and consists of the trim panel with the buttons and the wiring loom, which needs to be routed from the wheel, through the dashboard, into the engine bay and connected to the engine management. BMW quote an hours labour so I'd be jumping at Tony's dealer's quote of €250 all-in.

Advertisement