Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 DJing equipment

• 20-04-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi All,

After building up an impressive collection of MP3s, I'm finally ready to take the plunge into DJing. Now, I have had no experience, but after some research I've settled on the Behringer BCD2000. I'm about to purchase this from www.thomann.de but want to know what else to buy while I'm at it (cables, headphones, mic etc...?)

In short, I will hook the Behringer BCD2000 up to my brand new Dell laptop.

1. What cables will I need?
    2. Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones? (to use in pubs etc...)
    3. Also need a good mic so anyone got any opinions on that?

Many thanks,
    Don Pedro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I've over 14,000 MP3's myself and was thinking similar when i get a few quid so if anyone has any info let us know.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Don Pedro wrote:
    Hi All,

After building up an impressive collection of MP3s, I'm finally ready to take the plunge into DJing. Now, I have had no experience, but after some research I've settled on the Behringer BCD2000. I'm about to purchase this from www.thomann.de but want to know what else to buy while I'm at it (cables, headphones, mic etc...?)

In short, I will hook the Behringer BCD2000 up to my brand new Dell laptop.

1. What cables will I need?
    2. Can anyone recommend a good set of headphones? (to use in pubs etc...)
    3. Also need a good mic so anyone got any opinions on that?

Many thanks,
    Don Pedro

1. Depends what you're using to output sound. It's outputs are RCA jacks so I'm guessing Double RCA -> Double RCA if you're planning on using it with a HiFi.
    2. These look quite nice. http://www.thomann.de/ie/numark_phx.htm (Remember that shipping is free if you're over 200 euro, 15 euro if you're not)
    3. Absolute beginner DJ? I'd advise staying away from a mike, chances are you'll just make a tit of yourself (no offence :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Don Pedro

Thanks Man...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have the BCD2000 and its a great piece of kit. The one thing I would recommend is to get newly updated model - the BCD3000 because it has many big fixes and also comes with Traktor 3 LE which is miles better than B-DJ that comes with the BCD2000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Don Pedro

Thanks for that. Any ideas where I might get that new model. Checked and the site I was going to buy from doesn't have it.

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Advertisement