Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A tout la monde - new video from megadeth

• 20-04-2007 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

http://www.uvtv.info/streamvideocom.php?filename=Megadeth-SetMeFree

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:(:( :eek: :eek: :eek: :(:confused: WTF

its like a bad Underworld movie - oh wait Underworld was a bad movie - this is just terrible

A pale shadow of the original which IMO was far superior and really did not require dueling vocals - especially from Scabbia, no matter how much we all want to plonk her

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

how much we all want to plonk her
    Thats is so so true :)
    On the video side of things. its terrible as you said a shadow of the original and the vid is poo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

***** its just wrong :( its also a tad too fast loses a lot of the original appeal for me

At least its called "Set Me Free" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I hate Dave's vocals on this.

"Waaaiirelaised.."

"Waaaaiiii had no ideaaa"

"Waaaiiii found out how little.."

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭AlanOB

What a waste of time. I thought this was supposed to be a NEW album. Pointless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

That is a terrible video IMO, and the guitar and song as a whole is just too.... new metal in a way. Also the last few seconds where hes looking at the tv in the video is gay. And WHAT DOES THE VIDEO MEAN.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 deftdony

I`m not to worried about it to be honest.Re-releashing the song was just roadrunners way of gettin Megadeth more exposure and its doin the trick.Besides the new stuff I`ve heard from U.A. is pretty gud.Nice and fast,mostly heavy as **** to.(check out 'never walk alone')
    Scabbia`s a sexy f***.If Dave had got her to strip,I would`ve counted this as a major success.No-one wud`ve cared if mtv banned it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Just watched the video. My god it's crappy! :mad:

Why do they feel that a female vocalist is needed on the song.

"A Tout Le Monde" is classic thrash and they have gone and ruined it with this mess.

Really hope that this not Mustaine's idea, i hope it was forced on them by the record company because if they thought this was good idea then megadeth are getting soft!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

CyberWaste wrote:
    That is a terrible video IMO, and the guitar and song as a whole is just too.... new metal in a way. Also the last few seconds where hes looking at the tv in the video is gay. And WHAT DOES THE VIDEO MEAN.:mad:

Nah I think Mustaine just looks smug at the end thinking "loads of you are going to buy into this crap"

Nah I think Mustaine just looks smug at the end thinking "loads of you are going to buy into this crap"

True, even though i'm giving out about the video and song! I'll still get the album!

one thing I have noticed over at megadeth.com (who also have the video on the homepage) - not one person has complained about the re-release and/or video

So is Mustaine doing something right or is the forum just full of those fluffy things I call cloud....er I mean sheep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Damn ****ty college pcs, need new version of flash to watch it. I'll watch it later and edit my post...
    Ph3n0m wrote:
    So is Mustaine doing something right or is the forum just full of those fluffy things I call cloud....er I mean sheep

Every official band/musician forum I've seen has been full of asskissers. The one band that had a forum where a good majority of the members didn't care/like the band was the Dream Theater ones, and look at them now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

That is a poor poor reflection of a very good song. I think maybe it should have been done live or something but not like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Ph3n0m wrote:
    one thing I have noticed over at megadeth.com (who also have the video on the homepage) - not one person has complained about the re-release and/or video

I saw lots of people on there expressing their dislike for the song myself :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

What the hell was that? If i didnt know any better i would have guessed it was norway's entry in this year's eurovision or something!!

although Cristina Scabbia is hot, jaysus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

This one works better... http://www.roadrun.com/artists/Megadeth/showVideo.aspx?fileID=2300

Presumably trying to get "the kids" into Megadeth and if it works, no loss. Personally... Scabbia does nothing to enhance it, and the original was much blunter (which was a good thing!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ph3n0m wrote:
    no matter how much we all want to plonk her

'Plonk' usually means taking a crap... :confused:
    Plonk
    The sound of faeces hitting the water when deficating in a toilet.
    verb. "I just had a 1337 plonk man"

I really wouldn't want to do that to her at all.

Quite frankly, I'd much rather insert my penis into her vagina and make movements that would normally cause friction.

well plonk, when I use it, means
    insert .... penis into her vagina and make movements that would normally cause friction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

While it's not quite as good as the original, I like the song. Sorry to be in the minority :) Speeding it up works quite well. I'm not sure what I would think if I'd never heard the original.

Did anyone else have trouble playing the file? Stupid Flash player wouldn't load it for the last few days. I got the spinning graphic and that was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I needed Windows Media Player 11 for Firefox installed to play it.

I think the original sounds, best, better then the unplugged version, better than this version. This sounds over produced and too FM radio friendly. Which was probably the intention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEHNvxkVvqc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

BostonB wrote:
    I needed Windows Media Player 11 for Firefox installed to play it.
    I'm not sure what Flash/Media Player plugins I have but I tried on three browsers (IE 6, Firefox 2.0.0.3 and Opera 9.20). I just figured the server was overloaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

i like this video actually, its quite interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Ph3n0m wrote:

I post there and there are alot of unhappy posters. Its just their posts are usually deleted as free speech aint so cool over there.

As for the song, terrible terrible terrible. Why re-record a classic? It kinda reminds me of that episode of South Park where George Lucas and Stephen Spielberg keep remaking their old films! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

It rocks much harder than Metallica's Unforgiven 2... when they covered themselves.

This version of ATLM is much the way my band played it, faster than normal which is just the right speed live. I found the female vocal interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Energizer wrote:
    J"A Tout Le Monde" is classic thrash
    Classic thrash!? I would have gone for Raining Blood, Fight Fire With Fire , Peace Sells etc but each to their own.

Diarmuid wrote:
    Classic thrash!? I would have gone for Raining Blood, Fight Fire With Fire , Peace Sells etc but each to their own.

"A tout le monde" is a classic, but not the only one, all in ur list are classics too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

IF you look closely about a third of the way through Dave does a kind of a "jazz hands" thing. My god it's terrible. It looks like an Andrew Lloyd Webber version of Megadeth. I'm telling you Jesus has alot to answer for for ruining all these metal bands.

Advertisement