Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Taxed on my Holidays

Options
  • 20-04-2007 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Could someone help clarify this for me please.

Im fininshing my employment today and i will be recieving my payslip which will include 5days of untaken holidays.
    The problem is, the accountant says am being taxed over 300eurs as appose to normally about 65e.
    She says that because im leaving today, i get my normal 550 (aftertax) for the week plus the 5 day = 550e. so together that 1100e. and im being taxed on all of it at the upper rate after the normal cut off rate even though its really two weeks pay.

Is this right? please help as im leaving in 2 hours.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Yep that's right. When are you back in work? If you don't work for the next week you'll get the extra money paid back over the course of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

ok. not workin next week.
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

In your next job, after about 3 - 6 weeks they will get your paid details from the revenue and you will get the excess tax back automatically.

Advertisement