Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What proxy port am I using

Options
  • 20-04-2007 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Trying to configure some software and it's asking me what proxy port I use to connect to the WWW!
    How do I find the port number?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Check your browsers connection settings.

IE: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings

FF: Tools > Options > Advanced > Network Tab > Settings.

If you're set to use a Direct Connection to the internet, then you won't need to configure proxy settings at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Cheers but all it's showing is that I have Automatic Proxy Configuration URL selected (FF).Can I still find the proxy port number?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Then you simply connect to the internet directly so like Aidan said, you will not need to configure a proxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You'd think so, but no. Proxy configuration still needs to be done, but what the Auto Proxy Config url means is that the proxy configuration is based on a script processed in the background rather than requiring the user to do it beforehand.

hamsterboy, do a search for a .pac file on your system. This should contain Javascript code and the details will be embedded in there. You'll have to search it out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

OP, as Aidan said.
    But bear in mind - your proxy may well be what's causing problems with this software. The proxy may be set to block you from using this (and many other) pieces of software.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if using windows , try netstat -n at a dos prompt

Advertisement