Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield Horse Fair

Options
  • 20-04-2007 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Just wondering if anyone knows if the Smithfield Horse show is still on these days.
    I used to go visit it when I was younger, think it was on the first Sunday of every month or something like that. But not sure its on any more since the area got all done up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

yes it is, its full of scumbags imo and I wouldnt go there in a blue fit - just imo but I know the dspca dont support it and the Guards in the bridewell are run ragged those sundays its on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Sadly yes it is still on
    I read in the Northside People that it is so bad with neglected animals and so dangerous the DSPCA officers have to wear stab proof vests
    Should be banned as far as I am concerned

The article was in last weeks edition - I think you may be able to check back

www.northsidepeople.com

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I seem to remember reading that officially it had been suspended, but that there was still an unofficial one going on there each year. And yes, it seems to be dangerous place to be, both for people and the poor animals involved as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think the goverment are trying to find a more suitable place for it. They should clean it up not ban it outright. It is a part of Dublin, I hate it when a place loses part of its identity or history and becomes more of a faceless city with the same shops as any other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bex01

Yeah I remember the poor horses being in bits. I was just wondering if they had improved over the years. Sounds like they haven't though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement