Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suction Mount not sticking

• 20-04-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

Having a lot of problems with my suction mount as it wont stick to the windscreen for very long, has anybody any soloutions to this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

paconnors wrote:
    Having a lot of problems with my suction mount as it wont stick to the windscreen for very long, has anybody any soloutions to this.

what about getting a dash mount or vent mount?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Crowhill

clean your windscreen, and moisten your sucker (:eek:) I usually moisten my sucker (:eek: ) with my hand, by just wiping over it a couple of times. If you give your sucker a big dirty auld lick :eek: :eek: , you could find it sliding down your windscreen.

actually give the suction cup a bit of a wash in some soapy water, it makes the plasticy stuff slightly sticky again, it could be that either the suction cup or the windscreen (or both) are just grubby and allow air to get underneath the suction cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Conar

This might be stating the obvious but a lot of these suckers have a clip as well which seems to increase the surface tension or something like that.
    Is there a clip/clasp or something that you are not engaging?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

Crowhill wrote:

sigh.....that post could have been so much worse.........

Brilliant stuff, post of the week!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭paconnors

Crowhill wrote:
    actually give the suction cup a bit of a wash in some soapy water, it makes the plasticy stuff slightly sticky again,

I Done this and it seems to be working

• Advertisement
Advertisement