Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jose going nowhere

• 20-04-2007 4:19pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Kenyon has finally come out and shown that the club is willing to publicly support Mourinho and stated he isnt going to be sacked in the Summer and that chelsea have no list of replacements drawn up.

Surely this is good news fo all fans (esp chelseas) as Jose is a special one, one who makes the premiership better IMHO.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

That statement means nothing if Jose decides he'd like to leave anyway.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yea Kenyon is paid to say crap like that. I bet Roman doesnt come out and say it publicly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It's an open secret that Kenyon is backing Mourinho to the hilt.

Two things matter here:
    Ambrovimich
    Mourinho

If Ambrovimich wants him gone, wants more attacking football, as is rumoured, he is gone, and if Kenyon keeps doing this, he'll be gone too.

If Mourinho gets fed up with Chelsea, if Ambrovimich doesn't support him, or buys players without his consent, he'll be gone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

JM isn't going to be daft enough to leave Chelsea of his own accord, he's on a winner , has a lot of great players , access to potenially huge funds, adoration of the fans, media darling / hate figure, and hasn't the ego to allow him to leave without having won all the silver on offer (plus all the cash that goes with it). So unless the relationship with abramovich is now so bad that he feels he cannot stay, I cant see him waving goodbye to X millions for a chance to join an estblished super-team where the only way is up.

Glad to hear Kenyon (manc that he is) say this, the players have all been frank about their wishes, the fans are 99% behind him and everyone believes that sacking The Special One would firmly classify Abramovich as the world's richest loon.

Unless the rumours are true, and Ambramovich really does want attacking football

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

My theory: its a money thing. Jose wont leave because of the potential payoff should they fire him, and Chelsea wont fire him because of said potential payoff. AFAIK Chelsea still havn't renewed the contracts of Jose's backroom staff, and most expire in the summer, so it looks like Chelsea still want to push him out...

it's like a game of Jenga or something.... no one wants to make the next move for fear of bringing the house down.

can't believe that Abramovich would be too fussed about paying out the remainder of Jose's contract if that is what he really wants to do, its not like he's going to notice the few million. I think that sense will prevail and that Kenyon must know that sacking JM would probably go down in history as the world's most stupid footballing decisions, the fans will be furious and any replacement has will have such big boots to fill that they would have to be nuts to take the job on after a Jose sacking. I don't honestly believe that any manager could acheive more without buying a new team of superstars and even then that will take a few seasons.

Abramovich may wish to watch a style of football but chelsea fans after our years of mediocrity are happy enough with our less than beautiful game that wins trophies........ that said if he changes manager, bring in the world's best players, plays exciting attacking football, beats spurs 8-0, and can still win trophies I doubt I'd be complaining too much, or maybe ou recent success has made me greedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

growler wrote:
    can't believe that Abramovich would be too fussed about paying out the remainder of Jose's contract if that is what he really wants to do, its not like he's going to notice the few million.

then why wouldn't he sanction the buying of a defender in January? payout would be in the region €15 - €20 million i think, enough to get in a very good player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

mike65 wrote:
    That statement means nothing if Jose decides he'd like to leave anyway.

Mike.

Which is the same for any other manager in any other team

then why wouldn't he sanction the buying of a defender in January? payout would be in the region €15 - €20 million i think, enough to get in a very good player.

I've no idea, but then things didn't work out all that badly and I imagine the demonspawn Kenyon was the one behind that curtailment of expenditure.

• Advertisement

I think it's possible Chelsea's greatest crime that they don't play attractive football.

Considering their unlimited wealth, they could easily put together a team of the greatest attacking talent in the world, but choose to play boring effective football.
    Like even now, they could play attacking football, but choose not to.

Cech
    -Ferreira--Terry--Carvalho--Cole
    -SWP----Ballack---Essien--Robben
    Shevchenko---Drogba

would be a fearsome attacking sight, but they don't do it.
    If Ambramavich is a real lover of football, which he seems to be, I think the style of football is something he could really want to see changed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

If you want entertainment go to the cinema. Chelsea have perfected the art of winning games; that in itself is attractive enough. Or should be.

Advertisement