Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE 7 prob.

• 20-04-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

After installing IE7 and then rebooting my computer I get a win32 error. Then the system freezes just as it gets into the wallpaper screen. So u just have the wallpaper and nothing else:mad: . Anyone know what's this all about and any1 have a solution to installing it? Thx in Advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

what version of windows are you using?

if its xp boot into safe mode and do a system restore to uninstall ie7

then reboot, re-install xp service pack 2 and install ie7 again

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

I'm on winxp service pack 2. But I think even if I do a system restore and tried to install IE7 again I'll be just going through a loop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

Then don't install it. It's slow, buggy and the worst browser on the market. You should consider just moving to Opera or Firefox.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

moynihan wrote:
    Then don't install it. It's slow, buggy and the worst browser on the market. You should consider just moving to Opera or Firefox.

Isn't IE6 the worst browser on the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Isn't IE6 the worst browser on the market?

Well it was , and then came IE7 , ( joking really ) , but it does have some quirks that are extremely annoying , for instance if you run it in protected mode it will plague you with questions and refuse to open a lot of sites , if you turn this off , then your almost back in IE6 territory with all the spyware and stuff.
    Tabbed browsing is cool enough , but this has been available for a long time in other browsers .

When I installed Vista I stuck with IE7 for a while , then went back to firefox , but thats a personal choice , IE7 , well , its kind of OK but its not for me !

• Advertisement

Are you upto date with your Windows Updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Yeah up to date on windows. But tbh I think I'll skip on the IE7 and stay on IE6 cuz of all the probs I've been reading. Actually I'm setting this up on some1 elses comp and she uses msn messenger links alot. So have to stick with IE browser.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

mathias wrote:
    Well it was , and then came IE7 , ( joking really ) , but it does have some quirks that are extremely annoying , for instance if you run it in protected mode it will plague you with questions and refuse to open a lot of sites , if you turn this off , then your almost back in IE6 territory with all the spyware and stuff.
    Tabbed browsing is cool enough , but this has been available for a long time in other browsers .

When I installed Vista I stuck with IE7 for a while , then went back to firefox , but thats a personal choice , IE7 , well , its kind of OK but its not for me !
    ie7 in vista is completly different to ie7 in xp

Vista ie7 has protected mode, which sucks. but you can disable a load of it to make it useable

xp ie7 doesn't have protected mode but does have the usual phishing, pop up blocker and security.

Its also beginning to keep up with firefox and opera.
    I tbh i wouldn't really rate opera as a browser. i think its crap.

they were all only designed as a way for people to be pissed off with microsoft.

Rage against the machine man.

Back to topic tho, the op didn't ask about firefox or opera, the problem was to do with ie7.

@OP : give what i said above a try but make sure you re-install sp2 etc etc,
    download it through windows updates after, you may have a better chance of it working.

i think the service pack problem should fix your problems though.

Advertisement