Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Exotic Irish cars

Options
  • 20-04-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

For anyone who has photos of any Irish reg'd exotic or rare cars, stick them on flickr so we can compile a nice gallery intead of always going through the what I saw today page...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/irishexotics/

Comments

steve06 wrote:
    For anyone who has photos of any Irish reg'd exotic or rare cars, stick them on flickr so we can compile a nice gallery intead of always going through the what I saw today page...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/irishexotics/

Cool idea.
    Maybe enforce a rule that only cars with Irish regs can be in it. Or where it is obvious that the cars are in ireland.

If i could be arsed I would use a script to go through that thread and save all the old ones. Wget maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Excellent idea stevo.You are a star:D
    The other thread (heres what i seen today ) has just got tooo long and boring.this is a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

great idea, better than searching. is there a way to organise them on flikr? there should be different sections for ferrari, porsche, lambo etc. or else its all going to get really unorganised very quick. let everyone know what cars are not rare- bentley gt

and after looking i see REPLICAS!!?? why?? that ferrari is a rover, you might as well have mr2 ferraris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

ye I'm gonna see about sorting them by mane so we don't end up with duplicates. And the only rule is that cars must be rare and must be Irish registered!

tdc, I presume you're talking about the 360 from the phoenix park races... I honestly couldn't remember if it was a replica or not so I 've removed it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Damn! Wish I'd been quick enough with the camera today :(
    95-WH Aston Martin V8 Vantage just pulling out of Casey's on Dublin Road in Athlone
    God what a noise! :D

steve06 wrote:
    tdc, I presume you're talking about the 360 from the phoenix park races... I honestly couldn't remember if it was a replica or not so I 've removed it now.
    the ferrari p3 race car and the purple cobra are replicas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

steve06 wrote:
    And the only rule is that cars must be rare and must be Irish registered!
    So I may post the Cork registered Fiat Ritmo I spotted recently. It's rare and Irish registered! :D

So I may post the Cork registered Fiat Ritmo I spotted recently. It's rare and Irish registered! :D
    dont know if thats the rare were looking for! really though there has to be a list of cars that should not be posted. heres a few i think arent really rare

bentley gt/flying spur (gtc is ok?)
    porsche carrera
    merc sl (except 65 amg)
    maserati 4200 (gransport ok)
    jaguar xk

the album should be filled with the likes of:
    ferrari
    lambo
    porsche turbo/gt2/gt3/cgt
    merc 63/65 amg's/slr
    bentley cabrio's/ (arnage?)
    rr phantom
    aston vanquish/db9/ (vantage/db7?)
    maybach
    noble
    bmw m5/m6?

just my opinion of what is rare and what isnt, if jag xk's and porsche carreras are posted the whole thing will be pointless.

should the reg's be visible or blanked out?

• Advertisement
Advertisement