Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AFT + Google Gadget?

• 20-04-2007 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi aft guys or possibly a bored programmer,
    Just had a thought and wondered if it would be difficult to create a "google gadget" version of AFT?
    I have no programming knowledge so I don't know the complexities of doing something like that.. or the value.. or indeed the need....
    Just thought it would be cool, I have a google window open everyday and it would be one less step rather than logging in or keeping a voda, o2 page open..
    Probably pointless but I was using the callwave sms gadget and I thought it would be nice to have a lil gadget that showed you how many txts you have remaining etc etc..without having to visit the slow! o2 page.

I realize its probably an impossible request or whatever, just thought I'd put it out there..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭paulshir

Here you go http://base.google.com/base/a/1222348/D7752242025718251577
    Add this to your goolge homepage by going add stuff and add url.

You can also open the page to copy the source and improve it.
    This is actually to big for google pages but just use tab to go down.

I took this from here
    to explain the text given back.

ReturnCodes

Any positive numbers are messages left, negative numbers are error codes
    -1: Invalid account
    -2: Unable to contact the server requested
    -3: Insufficient messages
    -4: 959number does not exist
    -5: General Error. Msg not sent ciaran?
    -6: Reserved for AFT client - essentially letting it know not to use a direct socket connection
    350: 959 msg sent successfully and delivered to users desktop ciaran?
    NB: On Vodafone the return number of msgs left reports +1 what it should be. This should be handled client side for now. ciaran?
    NB: With O2 it will continue to allow you to send msgs once you use up your free webtexts. These will be charged at normal rates. ciaran

Hope this works for you.

Feel free to improve it. You can use base.google.com as your server for it once you have a google account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Bloomin' Hell! Nice one Fort. And credit of course to original programmers.

Looks like its a default size gadget at the moment. I'll try to figure out how to make it bigger/longer.

Cheers again. Wasn't expecting a result.. especially not the same day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Did a quick mod to Forts code to increase gadget size so no tabbing necessary. also noticed that on page refresh it defaults to the top option in the dropdown box, (in Forts script case = Meteor as Option 1) even though the cookie saved my login info and I'm with vodafone so I got failed texts when I tried to send another text after a page refresh because it reverted to Meteor.... so I modified Forts script 3 times to reflect the 3 operators.. so there is code for AFT-V, AFT-O and AFT-M to reflect that.
    Its attached in the thread. Paste xml data from text file attached picking your own operator into Googlebase as a new gadget, then, as Fort said add to homepage using "add url". I'm sure that someone with some more programming knowledge could have it more dynamically displayed to arrange the gadget and remember the last 5 numbers in a dropdown box etc, but it works for me fine as is at the moment.
    Cheers again Fort. I'm finding it useful!

Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

Good idea. You could also use JSMS and leave it running on your PC all day...

jsmsirl.sourceforge.net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

well done, nothing makes me happier than seeing other people making improvements like these on my work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Since people seem to be requesting things how about a Vista widget? Now like the OP I have no programming knowledge (apart from a semester of C++:D) So I dont know how hard that would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭donutface

there used to be a Mac OSX widget too dunno where it went

Advertisement