Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

importing 2 kittens from thailand.

Options
  • 20-04-2007 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

how, what and where could i get information on bringing 2 4 month old kittens from thailand to ireland?

i aint got a clue, and google isnt much help!

any ideas anyone? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Are they a special breed ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

no, just pets....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

no, just pets....

Call the department of agriculture, they should be able to tell you what you need to do to bring them into Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Can i ask why in gods name are you looking to bring in kittens from thailand.I do know a truck driver picked up one from Germany a stray wondering around.He declared it at the port in Dublin ended up costing him hundreds if not over a thousand for vets,quarinteen "sorry spelling"etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

There's 1 million stray cats in Dublin alone and you want to bring in kittens from Thailand??? Surely there's kittens in Ireland that you could give a home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did anyone think that these are his PETS!!!!

Just cause there are 1 million strays in DUB does not mean the OP can not bring his pets over here with him!

The dept of agriculture will let you know the procedure for bring the cats over - they will require 6 months quarentine etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

Bond-007 wrote:
    Did anyone think that these are his PETS!!!!

Exactly !!

I wonder would other posters have all their pets pts if they were moving abroad just because there are pets looking for homes in the country they're going to:confused:

Having said that, if I was on holiday and fell for a stray cat or kitten i'd pay whatever it cost to get him/her home with me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭texas star

Well I know my sister brought her 2 dogs from Singapore, they were in quaretine(cant spell), for I think 4/5months. It was really expensive to do this. Sorry cant help more:o

If they are his pets why would someone get a pet if they not planing on staying in the country after all they are kittens not cats.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Does it matter? It wouldn't matter if I had just got my cats or had them for years, I certainly wouldn't leave them behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/index.jsp?file=pets/national_import_rules.xml

I'm a bit late in the game here, but there's some info just for reference incase anyone is interested!!

Garth wrote:
    Does it matter? It wouldn't matter if I had just got my cats or had them for years, I certainly wouldn't leave them behind.

I can see where you are comming from but my point is why if your going away for a year or so would you be getting pets.Wait till your home from your trip then get the kittens etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

just to settle this, we moved home.

wernt able to bring the kittens home with us :-(

after speaking to the dept of agriculture and the quarantine department, we were faced with find a new home for them in thailand, or pay 1400 euro's each and quarantine for 6 months.

the person i spoke to there told me that on regular occasion many pets die during quarantine when theyre so young and some of the ones that come out ok have problems adjusting to new climates.

we gave them to a local temple with a decent donation. they have 60 dogs and about 25 cats already.
    they send us pictures every month of the cats now. and i send them a small donation. they are very nice monks.

anyway thanks for all the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Tis a shame hun that you could not bring them back - but it sounds like you made a good choice of who to leave them with :D

Advertisement