Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

counselling courses

• 20-04-2007 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, I have just completed a degree in psychology. I applied to Trinity for the Masters in counselling psychology, got to the group interview but not to the individual interview. So my plan is to get onto a diploma course in counselling & psychotherapy and reapply to Trinty next year.

I have applied to PCI college, Tivoli Institute and DCU's masters in couples & relationship counselling.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who is doing or has completed any of the above courses.

I have been offered a place with Tivoli but would like to make an informed decision.

Many thanks
    Dee: )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I have not done any of the above courses, but have worked as a therapist for a few years, and have met/worked/trained with graduates from the above courses, in my opinion the PCI students appear to have a good grounding, and I have heard tha DCU is good, not too such about the Tivoli Institute. Is there a specific area of counselling/psychotherapy your interested in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 chezdee

Hi thanks for your response. I'm particularly interested in counselling & pyschotherapy for adolescents but initially would initially like training in all areas.

My concern about the Tivoli centre is that they told me that they moving more towards psychotherapy than counselling and away from the IACP. They are influenced by the theories of Jung, Winnicott and Buber, some of which I found a bit obscure on first reading.

I want to make the most of my year so I can apply again for the MA in counselling psychology in trinity next year.

Dee:)

Advertisement