Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Because the Songwriting Forum Doesn't Really Get Much Traffic...

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I'd try get opinions on my Leaving Cert composition jazz fusion around here. It's only in MIDI, will upload the recording in a while when it's done, but if people could listen and comment, I'd really appreciate it, as I have to submit it soon. Done on the seven-string, so maybe it can count as an instruments-nerd topic for that. ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Nothing about a guitar in the thread. Moving to the playing forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cheers Fey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Hardly sounds jazz fusion to me, just sounds like RPG game music :D

But it's good PC game music :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭So Glad

Also, get some drums or keyboards in there, gets very repetitive near the end, you need variation.

Not sure I get where you're coming from with the references to RPG music, it's the crappy MIDI keyboard sound. As regards variation and such, yeah, I know, but as of yet it's only written for the two guitars, I want to know what people think of them as guitar parts for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yea deffinatly reminds me of final fantasy music, kinda like one of the songs from the final fantasy 8 sound track.

Still though i likes it.

I appear to be the only one not hearing RPG music...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

lol yeah its just you, its good though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

It being MIDI adds to a lot of its Rpg-ness.

I'm not getting a jazz fusion sound of it though.

It's a lot jazzier on the actual electric guitars I suppose, though not as much as I intended originally. Oh well. More looking for commentary on whether it's a good piece, rather than what it is or isn't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement