Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Rules Of The Road

Options
  • 20-04-2007 9:47pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone received their promised copy throough the letterbox yet?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Feachan

I gather Rules will be delivered in Autumn to houses free of charge. Online version on RSA website at www.rsa.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

No, I'd forgot about it actually, did they say when they were going to deliver them?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I was under the belief that they would be posted within a few weeks of coming out - which was over a couple of weeks ago.
    I know they eventually were put online - Im just trying to see if anyone got their paper copy as promised.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Feachan wrote:
    Online version on RSA website at www.rsa.ie

See the sticky on the top of the motors forum for a direct link to downloading the 2007 ROTR

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

230 pages :eek:

Not a bad little book at all...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Its available in all good bookshops for €4 or €5.

seamus wrote:
    Not a bad little book at all...

Comprehensive. Vastly superior to the last edition featuring an ageless Brendan Howlin.

A lot of people don't look at the rules of the road once they pass their test. People should, just to refresh themselves, or if they see something on the road that makes them think "was that the right manoeuvre?" I think its great that it will be sent to all homes.

Im aware its in bookshops. It may be confusing but all Im trying to find out is if anyone received their copy by post as promised!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Don't know anyone who has.

kbannon wrote:
    Im aware its in bookshops. It may be confusing but all Im trying to find out is if anyone received their copy by post as promised!

Nope, no sign of it in the post. You might've be aware that the new version is in bookshops, but it wasn't mentioned in this thread until I did, for anyone else interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Nope still no sign of it for us - I'm a cheapskate I don't want to buy it if it's going to be posted to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DMC wrote:
    featuring an ageless Brendan Howlin
    Or Sylvester Barret in my one (1979)! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

kbannon wrote:

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it's not being posted until the Autumn.
    Irish Indo wrote:
    ROAD safety supremo Gay Byrne promised one for everyone in the country- but he didn't say when.

At the launch of the new Rules of the Road a month ago it was announced that the book would be sent to all 1.7m homes by post free of charge.

However, don't hold your breath.

The book will not be coming through the letter box until after the summer, the Irish Independent learned yesterday.

And it will be the end of the year before every home has its own copy.

Road Safety Authority spokesman Brian Farrell said yesterday that the mail drop would involve 20 trailers, each 40 feet long.

It has been decided not to send them out during the summer when many people would be on holidays. "People will have their copies in the post by the end of the year," he said. Anyone about to take their driving test can buy a copy for €4 in bookshops or download it for free from the Road Safety Authority's website, www.rsa.ie

The new Rules of the Road replaces the old version which features Labour's Brendan Howlin as Minister for the Environment, 14 years ago. It covers modern driving conditions such as motorways, metric signs, and road rage.

Cheers.
    The spin at the time was that they would arrive within weeks of the publishing date!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

It was on the news yesterday morning that it will now be the end of the year before people receive their copy in the post...

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

kbannon wrote:
    The spin at the time was that they would arrive within weeks of the publishing date!

Elections, elections, elections :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

DMC wrote:
    Its available in all good bookshops for €4 or €5.
    Has anyone seen them in a bookshop?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Victor wrote:
    Has anyone seen them in a bookshop?
    I saw them in Easons a couple of weks ago.

Roundabouts still only have 4 exits unfortunately.

Advertisement