Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Randy Orton sent home from European Tour

• 20-04-2007 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From the observer site:

-Randy Orton was sent home from the WWE European tour. The only thing we've heard is he messed up a hotel room.

This could be nothing and be all forgotten about in week but this isn't the first time he's been in trouble.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Aw no. I thought Randy had copped onto himself after getting into trouble in the past. I really think he's improved in the ring in the last year. Hopefully it was nothing big

Main event for Raw is Cena vs Michaels now

EDIT: I was thinking that the main event was scheduled to be Cena vs Edge and Orton and that they'd changed it. That was this week's Raw though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

no it was reported he had stomach sickness !! dont know how true that is !!! is it isnt i be pissed off missing orton on tour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

WWE will not let go of Orton - too valuable an asset to just hand to TNA. But will the guy wise up?

Maybe he just knows he is almost 'unfireable' for the above reason, but maybe the best way to learn him his lesson is to have him jobbing on heat for the next few momths to Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty etc.

One way or other, the guy is obviously braindead. Pity as for the first time since Evolotion, he has been damn entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

gimmick wrote:
    WWE will not let go of Orton - too valuable an asset to just hand to TNA. But will the guy wise up?

Maybe he just knows he is almost 'unfireable' for the above reason, but maybe the best way to learn him his lesson is to have him jobbing on heat for the next few momths to Funaki, Scotty 2 Hotty etc.

One way or other, the guy is obviously braindead. Pity as for the first time since Evolotion, he has been damn entertaining.

i have to agree with everything gimmick just said above.

maybe it was something he ate, he could have got sick or maybe he could not eat the food. I went to italy once ( and never again) i loved the people, i loved the women, i loved the country and i loved the weather, but i hate the food. Randy could be the same. Or agter eating so much food (in italy) he just about had enough of it and had a break-down in his hotel room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭irishhack

triple h wrote:
    i have to agree with everything gimmick just said above.

maybe it was something he ate, he could have got sick or maybe he could not eat the food. I went to italy once ( and never again) i loved the people, i loved the women, i loved the country and i loved the weather, but i hate the food. Randy could be the same. Or agter eating so much food (in italy) he just about had enough of it and had a break-down in his hotel room.

No way it's the food the WWE have a industrial sized team of caterers just cooking heaps and heaps of grub from 12am to 12pm every day. And its not healthy food, just piles and piles of meat and sauces and desserts and whatever the hell else you want. How else do you think they keep guys like Big Show & Khali happy? If one got sick they'd all be sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I`ve pretty much given up on Orton... I thought he had loads of potential when Evolution started but now he is the most uncharismatic, spectacularly annoying person in the wwe. I don`t think he is that much of an asset... What could he do if they fired him? Go to TNA and pose some more? he would just be the same as he is in WWE... Just another vanilla worker.

Oh and I realise he may just have been sent home for medical reasons or whatever, but I held this view before I read that news!

There was a very interesting thread on the ROH forums that I read a couple of weeks back. Someone said they'd like to see Orton in ROH, and immediately there was a big debate. Some people think he shows great talent in the ring and some just hate him. I think that he's a master of some of the fundamentals of being a heel and sometimes he's amazing to watch. His match with Shawn Michaels on Raw recently was not amazing though, as much as I had been looing forward to it
    irishhack wrote:
    If one got sick they'd all be sick.

It's happened in the past though where just one or two guys have gotten sick after a foreign trip. Booker got sick after a show in India a few years ago if I remember, and it was from something he'd eaten. Also, it's hardly much use if they stop cookin at midday! Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

From the observer site:

-Randy Orton was sent home from the WWE European tour. The only thing we've heard is he messed up a hotel room.

Hmm what are the odds it was a Diva's hotel room I wonder? Then again he's meant to be engaged now so you'd hope he'd be over that stuff.

I heard the report he had a stomach bug myself. Hey maybe that's the reason Orton messed up the hotel room...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Sometimes I feel he knows that he's able to coast in the ring and still be better than 75% of the roster, so he does. When Orton wants to be, he can be great in the ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

oh no randy......you ****ed up again.
    Im a huge fan of this guy and would love to see him get a push sometime soon.However this is something like the 4rth time that he has been suspended.This guy can make himself a huge future star but he keeps ****ing up...
    The WWE will only take so much of it.....maybe they already have

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Hope there were no Diva's handbags around....:eek:

lol thats just gross... what a scumbag orton is!:rolleyes:

lol.....after what he was up to a few years ago I would say that WWE tell all employees to keep their bags well away from Orton and "potty train" all their talent in the case of emergencies

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

fatal wrote:
    lol.....after what he was up to a few years ago I would say that WWE tell all employees to keep their bags well away from Orton and "potty train" all their talent in the case of emergencies

Yeah I can see it now....

Random Diva : "Who pooped in my bag?"

Orton: "Its not poop....its just...destiny"
    CHINLOCK X 27
    ORTON POSE

Fin.

;)

A little more on Orton from the observer site:

--We don't have anything new to report regarding the status of Randy Orton. He has not been released at this time. It should be clear tomorrow based on if and how his name is pushed as it regards the Backlash main event where he stands short-term at least.

well then it seems that its between cena and michaels for who walks out of backlash as champ

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

It was reported several days ago that Orton recently got sent home on their tour over seas. For what is understood, Randy Orton was found passed out in a trashed hotel room that totaled to around 30 grand in damages.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

go it from nodq.com

It was reported several days ago that Orton recently got sent home on their tour over seas. For what is understood, Randy Orton was found passed out in a trashed hotel room that totaled to around 30 grand in damages.

Where did you read this? 30 grand is going a bit far, unless he was in command of a bulldozer at the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

fatal wrote:
    well then it seems that its between cena and michaels for who walks out of backlash as champ

Brilliant, two rematches of a **** wrestlemania. Shane O mac better win the title or else it'l be even worse.

BTW , whats this story about randy ****ting in a Diva's bag? please tell

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote:
    Brilliant, two rematches of a **** wrestlemania.

It won't be a rematch, it'll be a triple threat with Cena vs Michaels vs Edge. That is if Orton is suspended. I think fatal was saying that he doesn't believe Edge has a chance of winning the title. I wouldn't say the title will change hands at all, four-way matches aren't the best place to crown a champ in my opinion

There was a story about Randy taking a dump in the bag of one of the Diva Search girls, probably nearly two years ago I think. I think it's a bit exagerrated though, there's an interview with the girl here where she says it was tanning lotion and baby oil, but that he was an arse to her anyway. He's always seemed to have problems, didn't he go AWOL from the army when he was younger?

If Orton is kept in the main event, I think its very likely he'll be the one doing the honors for whoever wins.

its going to be very interesting to see what they do/say on raw tonight.I think that they will let him wrestle in the backlash main event and then give him a suspension.
    I dont know what they can say on tv to change the fatal 4 way to a triple threat match:confused:

Fozzy wrote:
    There was a story about Randy taking a dump in the bag of one of the Diva Search girls, probably nearly two years ago I think. I think it's a bit exagerrated though, there's an interview with the girl here where she says it was tanning lotion and baby oil, but that he was an arse to her anyway. He's always seemed to have problems, didn't he go AWOL from the army when he was younger?

Thanks. My vote did some use :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Raw will be interesting tonight in terms of how they deal with the Orton issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Update From WWE.com

'' WWE has taken action against Randy Orton for unprofessional conduct'' This is all it says . finally not covering it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

from pwinsider.com

When the story of Randy Orton’s trashed hotel room first got out people in the locker room under the impression that he had been fired on the spot, which obviously wasn't the case. There are now reports coming out that the damages to his hotel room were in excess of $50,000. Orton is definitely in hot water right now and there are people within the company who are surprised that he still hasn’t been fired yet. WWE officials are very upset about the situation, especially after having given him so many chances in the past, but it doesn‘t look like they will be releasing or suspending him.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    it doesn‘t look like they will be releasing or suspending him.

well they wont be giving him a push anytime soon then.WWE would be kind of stupid to fire him because I think the guy has buckets of talent and potential.Its just a pity that he cant behave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

they know if they fire him he'll be on tna this time next week,put him on heat and have him jobbing to eugene and val venis,thatll learn him

• Advertisement

They should just fire him asap! he is a liability... so what if he goes to TNA? he can be another ex WWE wrestler in TNA that is never beaten or never beats anyone of any consequence and therefore never gets over. And if he is that much of a knob in WWE, stands the reason he would have the same attitude in TNA.

Orton needs WWE a hell of a lot more than WWE needs him. Job him out on Sunday and then job him to Santino on RAW and fire his ass!

Ph3n0m wrote:
    There are now reports coming out that the damages to his hotel room were in excess of $50,000.

Woah..how can there be that much value in a hotel room? I've never stayed in one like that anyway! Has there been any reports on where the hotel is?

I'd been liking Randy more and more this year. He was getting better I thought. Pity he had to go and do this

I don't think WWE should fear him going to TNA. If TNA can't get much better with Angle and Sting, Orton's not going to add much name value. Plus, he wouldn't be able to sign with TNA until 90 days after WWE release him, there's no chance he'd be showing up next week

Fozzy wrote:
    Woah..how can there be that much value in a hotel room? I've never stayed in one like that anyway! Has there been any reports on where the hotel is?

No idea - I am merely posting what was on pwinsider.com - but dont forget main events (and lets face it Orton is at the moment) they get first class all the way - travel, etc, well them and long mainstays like Taker and HHH

Fozzy wrote:

I assume that at one of the best hotels it wouldn't be too hard to rack up 50,000, considering how expensive Milan is. Knowing the italians they probably jacked up the prices anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Also you have to remember that the US Currency is up the creek at the minute, so the chances are he did a ****load of damage, Windows if they were trashed, carpet wrecked, TV's destroyed, Wall damage, Destruction of any furniture, if it was electrical it could have started a small fire, it's not like any of this has been leaked or anything but it's a number of things that could happen.

It's a hotel so all that **** racks up the bills :)
    VR!

When it comes to screwing up, Orton works really hard. Sometimes harder than he works in the ring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

Fozzy wrote:
    four-way matches aren't the best place to crown a champ in my opinion
    Well IMO I think the title is going to change this Sunday. Why? Because this way, Cena can lose the title without being pinned. I mean the guy has held the belt for the best part of 2 years! Its about time somebody else gets a shot at being on top.

I think theres only 1 guy getting pinned on Sunday and thats Orton.

I think theres only 1 guy getting pinned on Sunday and thats Orton.
    co-sign...
    Then we are not going to see him near the main event picture for a while...a good while

fatal wrote:
    co-sign...
    Then we are not going to see him near the main event picture for a while...a good while
    At least that could revitalise the IC title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Well IMO I think the title is going to change this Sunday. Why? Because this way, Cena can lose the title without being pinned. I mean the guy has held the belt for the best part of 2 years! Its about time somebody else gets a shot at being on top.
    i reckon HBK will get it.

HHH is back in a couple of months; could be a good title fight between the two.

Fued Edge and Cena with HBK til he gets back, then fued Edge and Cena when HHH hits the ring.

• Advertisement

From the Torch:

As punishment for his recent hotel disaster in which damages up to thirty grand, WWE management is considering moving Orton to SmackDown! Or ECW. The RAW brand is considered as the “A-Brand” and Orton has expressed strong interest in remaining on the RAW roster.

Another form of punishment that WWE management is considering it keeping him off the major pay-per views like Summerslam which would hurt him financially with his PPV bonuses.

I'm sure moving him to SD as "punishment" would do wonders for the morale of the SD locker-room. They've got to be careful with what they do, because Randy can still make them a lot of money in the future

Fozzy wrote:
    I'm sure moving him to SD as "punishment" would do wonders for the morale of the SD locker-room. They've got to be careful with what they do, because Randy can still make them a lot of money in the future

But wasn't he removed from SD last year back to RAW as a punishment, so that Trips could keep an eye on him? I could have sworn i read that on a number of sources?

VR!

They'll probably ship him off to the back end of nowhere if world wide brand extension ever happens!

The main event heel of the Greenland territory or something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

They cant really ship him to smackdown or ecw as punishment, he'd be still main eventing either of those shows, and such still making plenty of cash.

If they really want to punish him....put him in a tag team with super crazy :D

They'll probably ship him off to the back end of nowhere if world wide brand extension ever happens!

It has happened already, it's called OVW! See the rest of the spirit squad for details ;)

VR!

OVW puts on great tv shows though. I get why people slag it off, because it's lower down on the ladder than WWE and they send people they don't think are good enough there. But their tv shows last year, from what I've read and seen myself, were often much better than what WWE put out. Just doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

It would be really unfair to guys like Finlay, Taker, Kennedy, MVP and Benoit if Orton was 'punished' by being sent to Smackdown!

Those guys have been working hard to entertain fans, and such a move would be a big kick in the nads.

Besides, if they really wanted to punish him they should send him to ECW.

Fozzy wrote:
    OVW puts on great tv shows though. I get why people slag it off, because it's lower down on the ladder than WWE and they send people they don't think are good enough there. But their tv shows last year, from what I've read and seen myself, were often much better than what WWE put out. Just doesn't deserve the bad rep it gets!

To be honest, i'd have said DSW but they went down the pan last week :(
    VR!

To be honest the best and most suitable punishment is to suspend Orton and keep him off tv completely

It will hurt him in the pocket - plus show that even potential main eventers should act like idiots (remember HHH and the Madison Square incident - he was scheduled to win that years King of the Ring, instead he was jobbing to everyone left right and centre, including the Ultimate Warrior)

• Advertisement
Advertisement