Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test - Deansgrange with SGS

• 20-04-2007 10:20pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Got my test confirmed in deansgrange with SGS. Anyone know anyone who has done it through SGS? I presume im guaranteed a fail given they have no incentive to pass people?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The majority of people pass I'm lead to believe. They have huge incentive to pass people - cutting the waiting list that they were hired to cut. I'm doing my test with them Wednesday week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

really? Interesting! Let me know how you get on, im on 14th May. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

From all accounts I've heard, they go very easy on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

Did mine in Deansgrange just after they'd opened. Had a nice tester and passed. :)

There are some posts on here somewhere about routes there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sarn wrote:
    There are some posts on here somewhere about routes there.

any linkies please?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I did my test in Deansgrange last November when SGS had just taken over. The tester was really nice. I was extremely nervous and the car actually cut out as we were starting the test but he really tried to put me at ease and passed me in the end.
    He did say he had failed 9 people before me though.
    We went up around by Cornelscourt and Cabinteely.
    His name was Eugene....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ...stephen...

I only hade one lession and my driving instructor, said i hade no problem with driving and should pass no problem , But i failed twice! The rsa just fail all the fella's! All the girls that where there when i was there passed,! And thrust me i know them!, They cannot drive!! and all the lads failed! The rsa what a joke!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

faceman wrote: »
    Got my test confirmed in deansgrange with SGS. Anyone know anyone who has done it through SGS? I presume im guaranteed a fail given they have no incentive to pass people?

Well, Mr. Faceman if you go in with that attitude you will fail.:)

you are just as likely to pass or fail with the SGS or RSA.

If you have done the work, and manage to keep the nerves under control you will have no problem passing regardless of the company.

when i was doing my test, everyone wanted to SGS because they were supposedly the easier company.

anyway, positive thinking and some rescue remedy and you will be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement