Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay found outside library

Options
  • 20-04-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭

Hey, found an essay in a brown envelope pockety thing sitting outside the library a few minutes ago. Name on the cover sheet is Maire Towey, stdent number is an '04 one.

If anyone knows or has contact details for Marie Towey, drop me a PM so I can get in touch with her and see if she needs this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Maybe if you could post the title of the essay we might be able to narrow down her course/department? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Maybe if you could post the title of the essay we might be able to narrow down her course/department? :)
    It's the school of geopgraphy, planning and enviromental policy (cover sheet) Essay title is:

"The suggestion that 19th centry dublin was the 'nether world of tenement and slum, of the poor and unemployed' (O'Brien, 1982,xi) is commonly held. However, at best it is a partial truth. Discuss."

And lecturer is Dr. J. Brady

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Raphael wrote:
    Hey, found an essay in a brown envelope pockety thing sitting outside the library a few minutes ago. Name on the cover sheet is Marie Towey, stdent number is an '04 one.

If anyone knows or has contact details for Marie Towey, drop me a PM so I can get in touch with her and see if she needs this.

Maybe try bebo? Google her name and put bebo on the end, you may be able to track it that way. Good on ya for going to so much effort to get it back to her =)

With an 04 student number she could be in final year, will try bebo.

Edit: No joy on bebo =/

Raphael wrote:
    With an 04 student number she could be in final year, will try bebo.

Edit: No joy on bebo =/

This might be her. I hope her essay didn't have that level of txt spk.

• Advertisement

*checks* No, thank christ. Wouldn;t have been worth the effort if it had. Seems I'd typoed when searching....unfortunately I'm not on bebo, and I've managed to avoid registering on it up to this point. ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Raphael wrote:
    Hey, found an essay in a brown envelope pockety thing sitting outside the library a few minutes ago. Name on the cover sheet is Marie Towey, stdent number is an '04 one.

Her student number is her contact details!

Put the student number in the format 0XXXXXXX@ucdconnect.ie and it will send to her eMail address as normal (or even marie.towey@ucdconnect.ie might work if there's only one in the college).

She didn't come up on bebo search anyways (www.bigulo.com)

I emailed her already. first thing I did. ANd I'd typoed the name in the first post, my bad.

Oddly enough, the student number email address didn't work. Might just be ucdconnect log on, which is different for onyone who'se not a first year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Could always drop it into the Geography Department?

Will probably do that monday, unless the department is open at the weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

Forgive me if this sounds too easy, but why didn't you leave it with a member of staff from that department in the first place, if you say you found it on campus? Surely this is a highly inefficient way of doing things. Not to put down your good deed, though...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

You could try emailing the lecturer, j.brady@ucd.ie. Don't know if that'll work. Some lecturers have their initial in their ucd address, some have their whole name.

Forgive me if this sounds too easy, but why didn't you leave it with a member of staff from that department in the first place, if you say you found it on campus? Surely this is a highly inefficient way of doing things. Not to put down your good deed, though...
    I found it at about 10pm, after leaving the arts block - a few minutes before I posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

jimi_t wrote:
    Her student number is her contact details!

Put the student number in the format 0XXXXXXX@ucdconnect.ie and it will send to her eMail address as normal (or even marie.towey@ucdconnect.ie might work if there's only one in the college).

She didn't come up on bebo search anyways (www.bigulo.com)

If she's a final year student then it wouldn't be her student number@ucdconnect.ie. You need to use her username which would be something like a04bf65e@ucdconnect.ie. They only use the student number for people who came to UCD this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

in my experience, sum thick (huh huh this 'll be gas) egit could just take it or **** about with it.
    Good thing you took it, prob should have just handed it into the library staff though and anyway, Id say she has a soft copy she'll just print off again

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭random_banter

It's not a final year essay anyway, im in that year and we dont have anything like that (or else i am just a terrible student! :D). When I was in first year we had Joe Brady for a development of cities type course, and history of dublin etc was a major topic. So it could be first year. Or second year taking a first year module maybe.

I know that wasn't particularly helpful. Drop it into the dept, and fair play to ya for going to the effort too!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭stolenwine

May I suggest putting her details on a sandwich board and walking around with a harpsicord and a megaphone. you should find her that way and in addition make a bit of pocket money.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Joe Brady doesn't take a mandatory course in final year. He may take an optional course but we have 5 mandatory ones and 1 option. Also I took a course about Dublin through the ages of his in second year, so she may be a second year student. However I'm one of them old mode students, course may have changed since I took it.

Actually wait the course I took was about the history of the European city. Dublin just happened to be one of them. His third year course could be soley based on dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Autopilot

Its def a final year essay by the by! it was due in on friday

Advertisement