Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help your NTL torrents

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

Funny, i was one of the chief moaners about the torrents recently on NTL, but i'm going to be fair and give them a bit of credit here. :eek: The torrents are working much better these days - the shaping really does only seem to be for a couple of hours a day - I can live with that

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

What time are you using it at?
    Its 2am here and its just so slow
    huge amount of seeders too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭mollser

I'm not sure anymore, the only torrents i've been using the last week or so have been incredibly slow and unreliable. Will try one my reliable ones tonight, where you're almost guaranteed max speeds, and will report back...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Am having the same trouble myself.
    The days of downloading torrents via NTL at 200kps+ are over and have
    been been for several months for me.

I've tried the encryption and it seems to help but I havent seen anything
    better than 80kps.

Anyone notice PeerGuardian blocking incoming traffic from NTL since you've
    started using encryption?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Torrents still run at max speed for me on NTL at any time of the day. Here's 2 tests I've just done.

speedtest.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Ooo, such speeds...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Anyone notice PeerGuardian blocking incoming traffic from NTL since you've
    started using encryption?

Take this as a warning people, any discussion of where to get copyright material is going to lead to a ban!

Just thought its worth warning people before it happens,

Oh and btw the fact your using PeerGuardian means you have something to hide ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I tried getting ubuntu there and was getting full speed.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Cabaal wrote:
    Oh and btw the fact your using PeerGuardian means you have something to hide ;)
    I'd dispute that, but I cba. For the benefit of others: it doesn't hide fock-all. It has other uses outside of keeping the MPAA out of your pocket.
    It's a response to the tactics used by agencies hired by such organisations. It also allows you to block direct connections with known 'bad' hosts and networks.

I'd like to see this used, albeit then necessary for the ISP to check the content so as not to fall foul of content storage.
    It's a simple enough thing to enable which would dramatically cut external bandwidth costs and improve performance for the users.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

encryption worked for me :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement