Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weekend Prem Acshun

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Diaster for the neutral. Another **** premiership year at the top.

you're obviously not a neutral

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Aquos76 wrote:
    How is it a disaster for the neutral when both the top two still have to play one another. Its only another "**** premiership" for liverpool supporters

What does liverpool have to do with this? Do all unitd fans think of liverpool every second of the day?

Ask any neutral, what they would of preffered today, what do you think they would of said?

3 points difference, united better goal difference. The fact they have to play each other makes no difference at all as united need to slip up again.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

redspider wrote:
    Newcastle 0-0 Chelsea

Chelsea missed an opportunity today and were lack-lustre and lacked any killer punch. The spoils were fairly even so a draw was a fair result.

Good news for Liverpool given Chelsea's lack-lustre display.

Redspider

And even better news for Man U following their draw last night.

The Muppet wrote:
    Why is that . Neutral would suggest that they would have no preference.

A neutral would like an exciting end to the season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That is possibly the best thing to ever happen ever.
    I actually can't stop smiling :)

Great performance from Bramble and Taylor. Drogba was taken out of the game by their winning so many balls in the air.
    Newcastle could have nicked it, but it would have been an unfair result.

Anyone who thinks this race is over is nuts. Still plenty of excitement left for the neutrals, and plenty of near heart attacks for United fans.

I'm about to sign up for that.

Is it really worth it, and whats the quality like?

It's pretty good imo. Like, it's not high res, but its a cosntant stream nearly always, never really much buffering, and the quality is good enough for you to be able to see the players names, just.

p.s. I know plenty of neutrals (i.e. non top 4 fans) who all want United to win, because they play entertaining football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

well done Chelsea, Title handed to Man united,
    could have closed the gap but no.. .. could smell 0-0 on this game.
    Never celebrated yesterday after MUFC dropped points cos knew this
    game would be the frustrating heap of shít it was..

Really great ahead of such a big game on Wednesday well done lads...

Title handed to Man United...

So are you saying that you feel that the race for the title is over at this stage. I can assure you that there will be one or two more upsets for the top two before the 13th May. That should keep the real neutrals entertained.

We'll see.

PHB wrote:
    That is possibly the best thing to ever happen ever.
    I actually can't stop smiling :)
    Great performance from Bramble and Taylor. Drogba was taken out of the game by their winning so many balls in the air.
    Newcastle could have nicked it, but it would have been an unfair result.

Like you PHB, I also cant stop smiling. Mind you I thought Butt, have an excellent game too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Superb effort from Newcastle all over the park, their fans prob asking why they dont apply themselves like that every game.

José banging on about penos, thats why chelsea are behind :eek:

Even with the 3pts I think Utd have it all to do, if they cant pick themselves up again after todays result then they dont deserve to win it.Pity they dont have a back 4 though, doesnt make it any easier :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

And thats exactly what we are having, I don't see why real neutrals could have any complaints with the situation. Are you not excited looking at the fixtures left, There could still be plenty of highs and lows for fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PHB wrote:

It's pretty good imo. Like, it's not high res, but its a cosntant stream nearly always, never really much buffering, and the quality is good enough for you to be able to see the players names, just.
    I use Football Streaming Info ,http://www.fsicrew.info/index.php
    Its free and gives you all the links.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I agree with Chucky. I don't really give a toss which of them win in the end, but i would much prefer to see it go right down to the wire, THAT would be true excitement. As it stands the United V Chelsea match is of zero importance as if they both win their remaining games it makes no difference who wins that.

As a neutral (of the title fight) i would much prefer that game to be a winner take all situation. How does it make any sense that a neutral would want it all done and dusted with no proper climax?

The Muppet, I agree, there is still scope for highs and lows to come, but todays result wiped out a great chance for an absolutely fantastic end of season. Now we just have to hope United slip up Again (pretty unlikely) and that Chelsea can capitalise that time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

jackdaw wrote:
    Title handed to Man United...
    Can you pass over the tabs that you are on mate :D
    No chance its over, we'll be back here again next wkend discussing the results, quite conceivable Utd drop pts at Goodison and Chelski hockey Bolton.

It doesn't really, unless they care about style of football being played, and believe like I do, that the winners of the big leagues and cups set the style of play that is used across the continent for the next few years.

It certainly makes the run-in less exciting though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

There's still a long way to go. United have tough away games at Everton and a derby before the Chelsea game, made tougher by their injuries defensively.Still an exciting end for the neutral me thinks. They will be more dropped points imo.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    I agree with Chucky. I don't really give a toss which of them win in the end, but i would much prefer to see it go right down to the wire, THAT would be true excitement. As it stands the United V Chelsea match is of zero importance as if they both win their remaining games it makes no difference who wins that.

As a neutral (of the title fight) i would much prefer that game to be a winner take all situation. How does it make any sense that a neutral would want it all done and dusted with no proper climax?

The Muppet, I agree, there is still scope for highs and lows to come, but todays result wiped out a great chance for an absolutely fantastic end of season. Now we just have to hope United slip up Again (pretty unlikely) and that Chelsea can capitalise that time.

Well if you're hoping united slip up again I don't see how you can class that as being neutral. It's still a long way from over IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

More points will be dropped, make no mistake about it. There are still twists and turns. I can see Chelsea losing two games. And I can see United losing another one.

Well if you're hoping united slip up again I don't see how you can class that as being neutral.

That doesn't make much sense. While I wouldn't want to attest to his neutrality, if United do slip up again, it'll be alot more exciting, so therefore, a neutral might want United to slip up again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

~Rebel~ wrote:
    As it stands the United V Chelsea match is of zero importance as if they both win their remaining games it makes no difference who wins that.

nothing's a certainty in this race. United's squad as badly hit as it is means that their run in will be as equally difficult for them as Chelsea's (if not more so). At this rate i can only really see Chelsea winning at the bridge, and if the fight for the relegation can continue til that last day then WHU will be no easy proposition for Utd. I still see it going down the the wire, with this being an added new twist for excitements sake.

• Advertisement

The Muppet wrote:
    And thats exactly what we are having, I don't see why real neutrals could have any complaints with the situation. Are you not excited looking at the fixtures left, There could still be plenty of highs and lows for fans.

No we are not. Just because as a united fan you are excited about the end of the season doesnt mean everyone else is.

Most united fans posting now are delighted that chelsea drew so i think that is clouding your judgement. Chelsea also have a tougher run in, with Arsenal to play away i think the league is over.

Now i could be wrong and it could still turn out great. but if Chelsea had won today, i wont have to rely on United slipping up again. But now i do, so i really dont understand how people(sorry, united fans) can come out and say it doesnt change anything for the neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Want to see Man U win the title, just to piss off Liverpool. But then that would probably mean Man U beating my team Everton. Oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote:
    Hate to say it but theres only one team going to win the league now and they dont wear red.

It really is all over bar the shouting.:(

Did I really say that?:D

Unbeleiveable result.Taylor played Drogba as well as I`ve seen anyone play him.

What an embarrassing interview from Mourhinho after the match.He made a fool of himself(again).

Still a long way to go but I really cant believe that United got away yesterdays result/performance.Mind you Chelsea were actually worse than United were yesterday.I cant remember Harper having one save to make in the whole match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,080 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The Muppet wrote:
    Well if you're hoping united slip up again I don't see how you can class that as being neutral. It's still a long way from over IMO.

As PHB said, the end of the season would be more exciting if they slip up, as it means it will go down to the Chelsea match..i really dont see whats so hard to understand here.. Likewise, i dont want to see United slip up too much, say giving chelsea a 4 point lead, cause again this would negate what im after - A Grand slam finish to the season against each other.

I know Benjemin, there is still scope for twists and turns which could potentially lead to the Chelsea United match being a winner take all, but we've bypassed one such twist now, and i wouldnt be at all surprised if another doesnt appear. What i want is for the Chelsea game to matter, because that would be the most exciting possible outcome.

Im not exactly the normal status of neutral, but i dislike both teams fairly evenly, so in effect i stil am. Ideally, id like both to have massive fight against each other, be docked loads of points and have the title go to Liverpool :D but thats clearly not going to happen, so rather then be bitter, im going to enjoy the football and hope it pans out like i want with a title decider match.

~Rebel~ wrote:
    As PHB said, the end of the season would be more exciting if they slip up, as it means it will go down to the Chelsea match..i really dont see whats so hard to understand here.. Likewise, i dont want to see United slip up too much, say giving chelsea a 4 point lead, cause again this would negate what im after - A Grand slam finish to the season against each other.

I know Benjemin, there is still scope for twists and turns which could potentially lead to the Chelsea United match being a winner take all, but we've bypassed one such twist now, and i wouldnt be at all surprised if another doesnt appear. What i want is for the Chelsea game to matter, because that would be the most exciting possible outcome.

Im not exactly the normal status of neutral, but i dislike both teams fairly evenly, so in effect i stil am. Ideally, id like both to have massive fight against each other, be docked loads of points and have the title go to Liverpool :D but thats clearly not going to happen, so rather then be bitter, im going to enjoy the football and hope it pans out like i want with a title decider match.

I dont see whats hard to Undertand either . All else being equal The chlesea United game will still have a huge bearing on the League If Chelsea beat United it the title will still not be decided until that last game of the season. I still don't understand why todays result was bad for the Neutrals. You'd think it was done and dusted by some of the comments here.

The league will be decided over the whole season not on one match and the best team in the league will win it.

Tha will be ?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bloody Villa are so frustrating to watch, about 18 corners and completely out played Pompey but just couldn't score, credit to Pompey's back 4 they played well Villa need to be winning those games.

The one good thing was Ashley Young he played very well when he came on skinned the defenders more than once, not sure what his best position is but he looks good on the wing. Another Draw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Carew is **** , is he on loan or perm signing? Watched the game today and it was awful. Villla couldnt break port down and port couldnt get them on the break.

Tho is Carew was any use he may have scored and if O Neill passed instead of shooting from 40 yards they may have scored.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

KdjaCL wrote:
    Carew is **** , is he on loan or perm signing? Watched the game today and it was awful. Villla couldnt break port down and port couldnt get them on the break.

Tho is Carew was any use he may have scored and if O Neill passed instead of shooting from 40 yards they may have scored.

kdjac
    Carew is not **** he is new to this league and has played very well in other games he wasn't fully fit today he has missed the last 2 games, he is not world class but he is effective and I think once he gets to grips with our league he will be very good for Villa you only have to look at his performances in the Champions league to see he has the ability and he also trys hard which is a big difference to the player we swapped him for i.e. Baros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You'd also have to wonder why Lyon swapped him for Baros (a player who has a good record, but failed to produce much in the end).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

adox wrote:
    What an embarrassing interview from Mourhinho after the match.He made a fool of himself(again).

Eh, clue: I don't think you're really supposed to take all that seriously. :rolleyes:

Advertisement