Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was I banned?

• 21-04-2007 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

All I did was stand up for kids, one guy wanted to know when it'd be on YouTube so I went ****ing nuts on him and he deserved it, your rules on this are pretty vague, if I was to take it as the reason I go banned then by your rules means child abuse is fine but to defend kids isn't? I'm sorry but what I said was in defence of the 2 and 3 year old not in defence of a prick who is worried about when he'll see it on ****ing YouTube: your mod blocked me and then desended the thread into his personal message board and as proof here is the last mail I sent to the mod who banned me:
    Banned for hmm, one week, from AH for abusing a poster. Please keep it civil in future,
    Thanks,

--
    Tar

Thats bull****, what he said wasn't the remotest bit funny. What, he wants it on YouTube so him and his friends can have a laugh about it? did you ban him too? cause all he basically did was condone the abuse of kids. Just because he put a few smilies after his reprehensable comment doesn't make it ok. He's lucky he only said it on here cause if it had of been in real life to me I'd have drove a 4 x 4 up his arse and then "accidently" reversed over his skull about 18 times. Your "moderation" is wrong in this case cause all I did was say that someone who thought a parent who encourages their kids to beat the **** out of each other is right is a spa, and I still say it, he's a ****ing scumbag but as usual on here the mods step in on the side of their favorite posters and I wasn't the only one who thought what he said was scum but I tell you what, considering one poster said

"Absolutely hilarious, also, they were encouraging them to fight, not just one to beat up the other.

Anyone want to pit their kid against my first born?"

And your reply was:

"I hope the person that takes that up has their child a decade before you and herself have a baby, which you will."

hohoho isn't that ****ing funny? two kids, a 3 and a 4year old, are forced to beat each other up and filmed doing it for future enterainment (the words "snuff movie" comes to mind here) BY their mother!! and all you can do is joke about it???? Maybe next time they should be given razors? or shards of glass? and do you know what would be even funnier on YouTube than a 2 year old getting his nose broken by his 3 year old sister? if you make them hold the shards of glass in their bare hands cause wouldn't that be hilarious? one wins the fight but still manages to bleed to death!!!

It just proves that you obviously encourage child abuse because if you think what happened to them two kids is something to have a laugh about then you're no better than their mother and I'd happily drive over you in a 4 x 4 too. And you's can ban me for good for this if yous want I don't really ****ing care anymore but I tell you what sweetheart at least I'll be getting banned for actually having morals, all you's can say is you's are as near to child beaters as yous can get without using a ****ing baseball bat.

You are a pack of sad bastards you know that? and yous have the pomposity to post on that thread about the kids that were killed in America like yous give a ****, you may be fooling your online "friends" but you're not fooling me. At least when I post I'm sincere but thats the joys of being a mod isn't it? you'll probably turn what is a serious thread about a serious issue in society (child abuse) into a a little joke thread for you and your friends. And before I finish your reply to your friend who wants to "pit his kid" against others was total off topic cause the topic was about how much them people were scumbags (sort of like yous actually) for making their kids fight whereas you were encouraging it which I believe is the total opposite of the OP and therefor off topic, so will you repremand yourself? or your friend who is 1 legal action away from his kids being fostered for potential child abuse? I think not!

It's all well and good until someone loses a kid :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Shield on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

it took you this long to post this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

AH isn't for serious posting, and you post was clearly abusive. I don't think the rules on that are vague at all.

Edit: I am totally in favour of the toddler glass fight idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

IceQueen, the ban was issued for he direct personal abuse to a comment from a known troll 'Lorax'. Whether what Lorax said was right or wrong the rule of personal abuse was broken.

Some mods would ban straight away, others would warn you. Either way, I don;t like to see personal abuse of any users, even those who deserve it, although I do accept that this can be hard when you are faced with a reprehensible comment like that.

In After Hours you will always get flippant comments, some meant in a very tongue-in-cheek manner and not meant to be taken seriously and some made just to stir the sh*t with other people.

Either way, whether Lorax deserved a ban or not isn't the issue, you have to accept that you did break that specific rule and therefore a ban was a 'definite maybe'. You took the risk and got a ban. There are loads of other fora to post on. Think and take a deep breath before reacting with a post that offends your sensibilities.

Edit: In the above post brianthebard is jokin about the glass fight...I hope :eek:
    Edit2: Brian PM me when it's all set up...(crass idiotic joke)

EDIT3: The whole story is stomach-churning and to be honest in my view, it is child abuse and those children should be put into care. :( :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I was banned from AfterHours for saying that people who corrected other people's grammar were cocksuckers. People earlier on in the thread had been doing this. Anyway, cue ban. The irony was that I was actually standing up for the OP who was being slated by drones for his salt and pepper grammar. Who was being less mannerly? And I wasn't insulting any individual.

Anyway, I took it like a man. But I've since seen other people insult Boardsters and nothing has happened.

I haven't been on AfterHours since. I should be automatically unbanned after a week. I shouldn't have to go crawling back asking to be let back in.

Fak that, let the c*ck***k*r who banned me INVITE me back in. He can PM me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Er, how about I temp-ban you for calling the AH mods names instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Abuse is abuse, whether they deserve it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The report post button report.gif is there for anyone and everyone to use if they feel a post is out of line (which you should have done IceQueen and it would have been dealt with), instead of losing the head with another user in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Look, OP, it's good that you have an opinion and morals and everything. It's appreciate. However, you do seem to be quite new to Boards and perhaps the Internet... Friendly advice: Take a step back and a deep breathe.
    You're not a unique snowflake -the whole antagonistic, angry, OTT, transgender troll role was filled long ago.
    If you think a post is OTT offensive: report.gif <- His this and tell us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

some tard wrote:
    reprehensable
    If you're going to put something in bold, you should probably learn how to spell it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

henbane wrote:
    If you're going to put something in bold, you should probably learn how to spell it.
    <O.
    (Don't look now but you're going to be called a cocksucker by a mean little boy)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Icequeen wrote:
    what he said wasn't the remotest bit funny.
    Your opinion.
    Opinion followed by personal abuse makes you like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Karoma wrote:
    <O.
    (Don't look now but you're going to be called a cocksucker by a mean little boy)
    That's not fair. Most of the little boys who call me a cócksúcker could never be considered mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You want special treatment, you want it to be ok to abuse people, and if you don't get it you'll cry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Are we making this into a movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Icequeen wrote:
    All I did was stand up for kids, blah blah blah..
    ..blah blah blah..It's all well and good until someone loses a kid :rolleyes:

Three things:

a) You take things way too seriously. Familiarise yourself with the forums, their charters, and the posting style before you start contributing.

b) Your post makes you sound like some sort of screaming harridan from The Jeremy Kyle Show.

c) You did something wrong, and all the ****ing and blinding about other peoples wrongs doesn't mean a thing really.

Actually let's add a fourth: isn't this the second or third forum you've been banned from since you arrived? Doesn't that tell you something about the wya your behaving?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You take yourself and take what you read far too seriously. Life is worth getting this worked up over minor things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I think it can all be summed up with: "Get over yourself"

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

koneko wrote:
    I think it can all be summed up with: "Get over yourself"
    qft

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

BuffyBot wrote:
    Three things:

a) You take things way too seriously. Familiarise yourself with the forums, their charters, and the posting style before you start contributing.

b) Your post makes you sound like some sort of screaming harridan from The Jeremy Kyle Show.

c) You did something wrong, and all the ****ing and blinding about other peoples wrongs doesn't mean a thing really.

Actually let's add a fourth: isn't this the second or third forum you've been banned from since you arrived? Doesn't that tell you something about the wya your behaving?
    What BuffyBot said.

Reading the anger and the excessive over reaction in your posts, I would honestly suggest getting help. I'm not joking. You have obviously got serious issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

So is it on youtube then?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Spanky-s wrote:
    Are we making this into a movie?
    I see Ethan Hawke in the lead.

Alan Rickman or Jeremy Irons can play Tar.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I always pictured Gwyneth Paltrow in the Tar role...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Icequeen

AH isn't for serious posting, and you post was clearly abusive. I don't think the rules on that are vague at all.

If it's not for serious posts well then why was the post that started all this there? don't know about you but I consider child abuse serious

Edit: I am totally in favour of the toddler glass fight idea.

Yet again dragging it down to that level and still I'm the one who got banned
    r3nu4l wrote:
    Edit2: Brian PM me when it's all set up...(crass idiotic joke)

EDIT3: The whole story is stomach-churning and to be honest in my view, it is child abuse and those children should be put into care. :( :mad:

Glad you think that since it's so easy for you to joke about it

rediguana wrote:
    I was banned from AfterHours for saying that people who corrected other people's grammar were cocksuckers. People earlier on in the thread had been doing this. Anyway, cue ban. The irony was that I was actually standing up for the OP who was being slated by drones for his salt and pepper grammar. Who was being less mannerly? And I wasn't insulting any individual.

Anyway, I took it like a man. But I've since seen other people insult Boardsters and nothing has happened.

I haven't been on AfterHours since. I should be automatically unbanned after a week. I shouldn't have to go crawling back asking to be let back in.

Fak that, let the c*ck***k*r who banned me INVITE me back in. He can PM me.

It works on the 500 post rule, if you have over 500 posts you dont get banned nomatter how abusive you are, lucky you you only have 2 more to go and then you're immune
    ecksor wrote:
    Er, how about I temp-ban you for calling the AH mods names instead.

go for it, it'll just prove my point ie personal abuse is a no no but child abuse is actively encouraged
    scojones wrote:
    Abuse is abuse, whether they deserve it or not.

See above
    Ruu wrote:
    The report post button report.gif is there for anyone and everyone to use if they feel a post is out of line (which you should have done IceQueen and it would have been dealt with), instead of losing the head with another user in this case.

I wasn't aware of that button, he said something horrible and I reacted but i all fairness I assume you've read all of this thread? the second poster talked about a "toddler glass fight" and you didn't delete that so why should I trust you to delete anything else?
    Karoma wrote:
    You're not a unique snowflake -the whole antagonistic, angry, OTT, transgender troll role was filled long ago.

Don't use the fact that I'm TS as a tacky attempt to demean me and make it a " :rolleyes: she's TS so what do you expect" crap, I'm stable in who I am which is alot more than I can say for yous which is evident since I'm the only one here who seems to have a problem with child abuse.
    henbane wrote:

Fcuk off, not spelt right but I bet you understand :rolleyes:
    Boston wrote:
    You want special treatment, you want it to be ok to abuse people, and if you don't get it you'll cry about it.

Give me a break, you just posted because I told you to stop being a little queen on the LGB forum, you probably don't even know what this is originally about :rolleyes:
    BuffyBot wrote:

Things like child abuse? oh god yeah I forgot thats just one of those comedic aspects of life isn't it?
    BuffyBot wrote:

So what? I don't care how I look to all yous, at least I can say I have morals
    BuffyBot wrote:

If being disgusted that a person thinks 2 children being filmed by their mother beating each other and being put up on YouTube is wrong then hey guilty as charged. Let me know if you feel the same way when you have kids.
    BuffyBot wrote:

Yeah third so far, and it does tell me alot of things. 1. don't be honest on the LGB forum, 2. Don't post on the after hours forum unless you have a kid and are willing to match him up in a glass fight and 3. Don't go on the PI forum and say bad things about boys (cause they have feelings too ya know)
    Wibbs wrote:
    Reading the anger and the excessive over reaction in your posts, I would honestly suggest getting help. I'm not joking. You have obviously got serious issues.

Yous are fecking gas, you's think that anybody who doesn't agree with your little ideals in your little community has issues,cult much? I will say yet again, you all think child abuse is something to joke about but apparently I have issues? fecking brilliant :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ice Queen wrote:
    child abuse is actively encouraged
    You heard it here first folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Icequeen wrote:
    I wasn't aware of that button, he said something horrible and I reacted but i all fairness I assume you've read all of this thread? the second poster talked about a "toddler glass fight" and you didn't delete that so why should I trust you to delete anything else?

I did read the thread but I don't moderate After Hours so I wouldn't be in the position to delete anything. Again, if there is something you don't like then report it and it will be sorted out by the After Hours moderators as they see fit.

Oh yeah if I get banned for that then at least have the decency to lock the thread, cause it won't be fair if a load of people reply with a pile of crap and I can't reply

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Jesus, Icequeen, i reckon you should just stop posting on boards..

seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Icequeen wrote:
    If it's not for serious posts well then why was the post that started all this there? don't know about you but I consider child abuse serious
    As the title suggests it for after hours chat, like when you are down the pub. There are politics and humanities forums for serious discussion of such topics.

So what? I don't care how I look to all yous, at least I can say I have morals

Internet morals, the best sort of morals really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Icequeen wrote:
    Oh yeah if I get banned for that then at least have the decency to lock the thread, cause it won't be fair if a load of people reply with a pile of crap and I can't reply

Why the thread is funny fun.

Ruu wrote:
    I did read the thread but I don't moderate After Hours so I wouldn't be in the position to delete anything. Again, if there is something you don't like then report it and it will be sorted out by the After Hours moderators as they see fit.

What the one who banned me in the first place? and then, by the way, decended a serious thread about child abuse into a joke about who's kid could win whos in a fight