Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was I banned?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Icequeen

As the title suggests it for after hours chat, like when you are down the pub. There are politics and humanities forums for serious discussion of such topics.

but I didn't start that topic, and if you'd have actually read it you'd have known that and then would have had a reason to post on this one but you're obviously just posting here for the sake of it or as some might say to be a troll

Boston wrote:
    Why the thread is funny fun.

Yeah like yours was too until you actually got told the truth :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Get in touch with White Wash Man, he won't even tolerate implied condoning of child abuse I'd imagine, and will enforce an appropriate ban. WWM FTW IMOF
    Icequeen wrote:
    What, he wants it on YouTube so him and his friends can have a laugh about it? did you ban him too? cause all he basically did was condone the abuse of kids. Just because he put a few smilies after his reprehensable comment doesn't make it ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yea PM WhiteWashMan, If he gives you any crap about being bussy or having a life, just give him a taste of that sweet attitude of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you're concerned about a topic being discussed in a sensible manner, then start a new thread in a forum that's not After Hours.

You were banned for personal abuse. The content of the thread is irrelevant. If something upsets you, ignore it.

• Advertisement

FX Meister wrote:
    Get in touch with White Wash Man, he won't even tolerate implied condoning of child abuse I'd imagine, and will enforce an appropriate ban. WWM FTW IMOF

Thanks, I'll do that and what does WWM FTW IMOF mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Icequeen wrote:
    It works on the 500 post rule, if you have over 500 posts you dont get banned nomatter how abusive you are, lucky you you only have 2 more to go and then you're immune

Again getting wound up by things that aren't really there. Maybe when you get to 500 posts, you'll realise how wrong you are.
    Icequeen wrote:
    Yeah third so far, and it does tell me alot of things. 1. don't be honest on the LGB forum, 2. Don't post on the after hours forum unless you have a kid and are willing to match him up in a glass fight and 3. Don't go on the PI forum and say bad things about boys (cause they have feelings too ya know)

1) Don't be a hysterical psycho on the LGB forum
    2) Don't be abusive on After Hours
    3) At your age, you should be past the whole "boys are mean and smelly and by the way us girls mature faster" phase.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Boards tries to be liberal I think, while many people would regard making a joke of that story as very poor taste others find it funny. If the website is to work the members have to learn to be able to tolerate each other's opinions and respond in a civilized manner. That's why joking about something like that is condoned but personal abuse isn't.

If everyone responded as aggressively and abusively as you did to everything they found disagreeable the place would be in chaos.

Boston wrote:
    Yea PM WhiteWashMan, If he gives you any crap about being bussy or having a life, just give him a taste of that sweet attitude of yours.

Well it's sweeter than yours isn't it? at least my threads are based on others, you're all me,me, me. look up narsassism it should probably be your username

Try looking up hypocrisy.
    humbert wrote:
    Boards tries to be liberal I think, while many people would regard making a joke of that story as very poor taste others find it funny. If the website is to work the members have to learn to be able to tolerate each other's opinions and respond in a civilized manner. That's why joking about something like that is condoned but personal abuse isn't.

If everyone responded as aggressively and abusively as you did to everything they found disagreeable the place would be in chaos.

Well said.

• Advertisement

Stark wrote:
    Again getting wound up by things that aren't really there. Maybe when you get to 500 posts, you'll realise how wrong you are.

I can't see me getting that far to be honest

Stark wrote:
    1) Don't be a hysterical psycho on the LGB forum

I wasn't the slightest bit hysterical on that forum, he was being silly and making a mountain out of a molehill. I just gave him some perspective.
    Stark wrote:
    2) Don't be abusive on After Hours

I wouldn't have got like that if the other poster hadn'd said what he said, and banned or not I still say he's a scumbag for it
    Stark wrote:
    3) At your age, you should be past the whole "boys are mean and smelly and by the way us girls mature faster" phase.

I am but it's still funny to wind them up, why do you think I got banned off the fat and baldie forum? it was fecking fun :D:D:D

This is the thread Icequeen is talking about.

Icequeen wrote:
    I wasn't the slightest bit hysterical on that forum, he was being silly and making a mountain out of a molehill. I just gave him some perspective.

You know everything you say makes perfect sense when you replace "other person" with you. Ever hear of "projecting"?

Boston wrote:

God it might have actually worked if you'd have kept your mouth shut, but do you honestly think I'd take any advice from you?

Icequeen wrote:
    God it might have actually worked if you'd have kept your mouth shut, but do you honestly think I'd take any advice from you?

Maybe thats what I want you to think.

Stark wrote:
    You know everything you say makes perfect sense when you replace "other person" with you. Ever hear of "projecting"?

So if I'd have typed "I was just being silly, I just gave me some perspective" would have made sense? it's bad enough I have two social identies to deal with I don't need a third. And I don't "project" anything, I don't need to. I am happily out and proud. I love my life :p

Boston wrote:
    Maybe thats what I want you to think.

Yeah cause deep down you want the best for me lol sad, sad, sad little boy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Icequeen wrote:
    So what? I don't care how I look to all yous, at least I can say I have morals
    Wanting to see a youtube video of kids fighting
    Morally reprehensible.

Wanting to murder someone with a 4x4 for the above
    Morally reprehensible.

Originally I assumed you were joking, but you've established that there should be no joking about serious matters

Icequeen wrote:
    Yeah cause deep down you want the best for me lol sad, sad, sad little boy :rolleyes:

It's called a double bluff love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

normal_attention-whore.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you seeing anyone about this persecution complex of yours, Icequeen?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Icequeen wrote:
    go for it, it'll just prove my point ie personal abuse is a no no but child abuse is actively encouraged

I was responding to the post directly above the one I made.

As far as I can tell, the fundamental point is this:

Personal abuse is against the rules. Focus on that as the lesson to be learned here. Getting up on some other righteous crusade doesn't let you get preferential treatment.

However, I think that message is well explained in many posts on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Chill-Hobbes.gif

Crucifix wrote:

Wanting to see a youtube video of kids fighting
    Morally reprehensible.

Wanting to murder someone with a 4x4 for the above
    Morally reprehensible.

Be a parent and then tell me how reprehensible driving over them is and don't say when you read that story of what that mum did you didn't feel like just smacking her in the head, it's not reprehensible to hate them or to want to hurt them, its human BUT making a laugh about a child being being battered is reprehensible.

Can you imagine that day, being that 2 year old and being called a **** (which by the way is a word he wouldn't understand) and being told to hit his sister who everybody is making hit him, imagine being her, your little two year old brother is in front of you, the brother you have grown up with and you both may have had little spats but on this one day you're both pitted against each other for the entertainment of 4 adults and neither of the kids can win cause he doesn't want to hit his sister(Who to him is his friend who's always there find his doddy) and she doesn't want to hit the little friend she has who loves her cause she always finds his soother for him and loves watching cartoon with her but for Mummy they have to do it. Do tou think that after that day the relationship between that boy and girl will ever be the same?

I don't care how much **** yous throw on this thread, I'm well able for it but I will never back down, this, wait sorry let me rephrase. Boards.ie condones child abuse and it's evident all the "lets get kids together with broken bottles" posts that never got deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Icequeen wrote:
    Boards.ie condones child abuse and it's evident all the "lets get kids together with broken bottles" posts that never got deleted

I think I see where the root of the problem lies now. It was remiss not to mention this to you before but the posters you refer to were not serious! As far as I can tell everyone else on that thread and this was aware of it but seeing that you weren't it's not surprising you were worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

How do you kill that which has no life?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Icequeen wrote:
    Boards.ie condones child abuse and it's evident all the "lets get kids together with broken bottles" posts that never got deleted

Now that's just stoopid. You seriously believe that?

Tbh, you should probably be sitebanned for your own sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I think that maybe icequeen might have a point, altough i do believe shes(i presume) going about it in a very bad way. Laying into someone is never the answer!

If i was to make a joke of some form of child abuse , i believe the comment should be deleted, because its a very touchy subject ... im sure you wouldnt stand for it if i made a joke about a race of people, and rightly so. In my opinon there isnt much between the 2, Its in bad taste. If someone makes a random joke in the joke section it mightn't even be so bad, but when the story is about real people have a bit of respect!

just my 2 cents....

EDIT:I dont believe boards condone child abuse , i agree that comments making jokes about should be dealt with

psi wrote:
    How do you kill that which has no life?

What does that mean? anyone know??? :confused: seriously lost here!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If you weren't banned from PI, I'd recommend you post there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement