Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why was I banned?

Options

Comments

Icequeen wrote:
    :confused: seriously lost here!

I think thats the problem in general..

Look, every thread you post in seems to degenerate in this farsical ranting.
    And on top of that you are quite abusive. Relax, its the net. Get the flow of the board, and then start posting. You can still state your opinion without slagging off every other poster in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Peas.sized.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Icequeen wrote:
    Be a parent and then tell me how reprehensible driving over them is and don't say when you read that story of what that mum did you didn't feel like just smacking her in the head, it's not reprehensible to hate them or to want to hurt them, its human BUT making a laugh about a child being being battered is reprehensible.
    Unless I've completely misinterpreted your opening post, you were suggesting that had the flippant individual joked about it in front of you, you would've murdered them, rather than the abusive parents.
    EDIT: It's pretty off topic either way though...apologies for going so off track

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Icequeen wrote:
    What does that mean? anyone know??? :confused: seriously lost here!

My normal answer to your "why was I banned" would have been "because you touch yourself at night" but since you had it lopped off, I had to go for an alternative quote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

Icequeen wrote:
    :confused: seriously lost here!

siteban FTW !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,408 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Why the hell are people posting about bannings here?

There's a bajillian people to appeal to, hint - the people with fancy yellow stars are Boards Universe superstars with totally ninja powers in cyberia.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Icequeen

I think that maybe icequeen might have a point, altough i do believe shes(i presume) going about it in a very bad way. Laying into someone is never the answer!

If i was to make a joke of some form of child abuse , i believe the comment should be deleted, because its a very touchy subject ... im sure you wouldnt stand for it if i made a joke about a race of people, and rightly so. In my opinon there isnt much between the 2, Its in bad taste. If someone makes a random joke in the joke section it mightn't even be so bad, but when the story is about real people have a bit of respect!

just my 2 cents....

EDIT:I dont believe boards condone child abuse , i agree that comments making jokes about should be dealt with

Thank you, at least someone seen it.

Are you seeing anyone about this persecution complex of yours, Icequeen?

Persecution complex???? I don't know if you've actually read the thread but at no point was this thread about me. This thread is about the fact that I got banned for standing up for kids when everybody else was joking about the fact that a video of a 2 year old and a 3 year old beating each other up should be on YouTube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Icequeen wrote:
    I don't know if you've actually read the thread but at no point was this thread about me. This thread is about the fact that I got banned
    Oh well, that clears that up then...

Icequeen wrote:
    ...but at no point was this thread about me. This thread is about the fact that I got banned...
    Right...

• Advertisement

SoBe wrote:
    normal_attention-whore.jpg

call me a "Whore" again and I'll give them a reason to ban me for good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Icequeen wrote:
    at no point was this thread about me.
    This thread is about the fact that I got banned

This thread is about someone that got banned for calling another used a spa or was it scumbag, i forget. That someone was you, so yea this thread is about you, you and your massive ego.

touchy subject are brought up on boards every single day, that doesn't mean they are off limits, nor does it mean you can react the way you did.

Ibid wrote:
    Right...

Thats pathetic, you just edited my post to fit in with your "point" fcuk off ya twonk, how sad are you?:rolleyes:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Icequeen wrote:
    Persecution complex???? I don't know if you've actually read the thread but at no point was this thread about me. This thread is about the fact that I got banned for standing up for kids when everybody else was joking about the fact that a video of a 2 year old and a 3 year old beating each other up should be on YouTube

you got banned for personal abuse. just because you think it was justified doesn't mean the ban wasn't correct. Why couldn't you 'stand up for the kids' without resorting to personal abuse?

you need to grow up and live in the real world, there are plenty of sad people on boards who will make a joke of anything they aren't big and clever and abusing those type of people isn't going to get you anywhere. I certainly wouldn't defend any of the posters but you should have just reported their posts and hoped for the best. You just have to learn to live with it if nothing is done or just not bother with boards. Your posts all read like those of a 13 year old coming on here to be shocked at what you read.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

r3nu4l wrote:
    EDIT3: The whole story is stomach-churning and to be honest in my view, it is child abuse and those children should be put into care. :( :mad:

Where they have lots of other kids to fight and build themselves into superfighters? I like where your going with this.

Ban-Praying_monk.jpg

Boston wrote:
    This thread is about someone that got banned for calling another used a spa or was it scumbag, i forget. That someone was you, so yea this thread is about you, you and your massive ego.

touchy subject are brought up on boards every single day, that doesn't mean they are off limits, nor does it mean you can react the way you did.

You're the same, you just edited my post to fit in with your quotes, it's not going to work you know why, BOSTON is pissed off with me cause I said on the LGB forum that he was a little queen cause he wanted to start a new job and tell everybody he was gay straight away. I told him nobody would care cause everybody knows about 10 gay people now a days and being gay is the new straight but that's not what he wanted to hear is it boston?

Icequeen wrote:
    Thats pathetic, you just edited my post to fit in with your "point"
    ZOMG! I quoted you to show your hypocrisy? Oh the deviation! Oh noes!
    fcuk off ya twonk
    As a member of the African-American community, I find that highly offensive.
    how sad are you?:rolleyes:
    crying-baby.gif

Boston wrote:
    Ban-Praying_monk.jpg

is it not a bit sad to call for someones ban the way a few people have on this thread? it seems a bit off to me. surely you should report individual posts like the advice to the OP.

If we started sitebanning every nut on boards a lot of ye would have to go too..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

emot-rant.gif

emot-munch.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Icequeen wrote:
    Thats pathetic, you just edited my post to fit in with your "point" fcuk off ya twonk, how sad are you?:rolleyes:
    A long ban for this one, I see... Amazed no cats, dogs, or other animals have not come yet, but I'll give it 2 hours (when the drunks start to come in).

OP, this here is boards. Some of the sh|te is posted by trolls just to get people like you riled. You have a problem? Report it. Otherwise, keep it civil, and don't like a 16 year old*

Also, don't go into somewhere like TCN, or The Thunderdrome, incase you come across a "dead baby" joke.

*any angry/hot-headed come-back will most likely confirm that you are a 16 year old

/edit
    Silverfish: nice post :D

copacetic wrote:
    you got banned for personal abuse. just because you think it was justified doesn't mean the ban wasn't correct. Why couldn't you 'stand up for the kids' without resorting to personal abuse?

you need to grow up and live in the real world, there are plenty of sad people on boards who will make a joke of anything they aren't big and clever and abusing those type of people isn't going to get you anywhere. I certainly wouldn't defend any of the posters but you should have just reported their posts and hoped for the best. You just have to learn to live with it if nothing is done or just not bother with boards. Your posts all read like those of a 13 year old coming on here to be shocked at what you read.

Yeah ok, I hope everybody thinks like that cause I can imagine that lax attitude is really good for society, hey how about we get a couple of kids to kill each other then set a dog on fire and sure we may as well make a night of it and get a few cans and warm up by the burning cat?

Icequeen wrote:
    You're the same, you just edited my post to fit in with your quotes, it's not going to work you know why, BOSTON is pissed off with me cause I said on the LGB forum that he was a little queen cause he wanted to start a new job and tell everybody he was gay straight away. I told him nobody would care cause everybody knows about 10 gay people now a days and being gay is the new straight but that's not what he wanted to hear is it boston?

If only what you said was phrased that nicely.

copacetic; She's been her five minutes, earned banning from 3 forums, two of which for personal abuse. That wouldn't be so ban if she realised her mistakes, but instead has come here demanding the right to abuse people. Some users you're better off without tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Icequeen wrote:
    Yeah ok, I hope everybody thinks like that cause I can imagine that lax attitude is really good for society, hey how about we get a couple of kids to kill each other then set a dog on fire and sure we may as well make a night of it and get a few cans and warm up by the burning cat?

Wow, wow,wow.............................................wow. Nobody said anything about a dog on fire. Right, I'm in.

Now, would the dog be involved in the babyfight in any way, or would it just be sideshow/warm up act?

Boston wrote:
    If only what you said was phrased that nicely.

copacetic; She's been her five minutes, earned banning from 3 forums, two of which for personal abuse. That wouldn't be so ban if she realised her mistakes, but instead has come here demanding the right to abuse people. Some users you're better off without tbh.

I'm not defending the OP. She's a nut. However there are plenty of them around on boards.

Maybe you are better off without some users and there is plenty I could do without on boards. However, such is life. Personally I feel we should welcome as much diversity of opinion as we can, if the OP can tone it down a bit maybe she could be a valuable member of boards.

Since you have had a personal run in I certainly feel you call for a siteban is hardly something that is objective and I would have thought you would have seen that it could reflect poorly on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Icequeen wrote:
    So you completely missed my last post then.

You got banned for personal abuse. Nothing more.

Any other agenda, or anything else which you think may be relevant is entirely a fantasy borne out in your own mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

the_syco wrote:
    A long ban for this one, I see... Amazed no cats, dogs, or other animals have not come yet, but I'll give it 2 hours (when the drunks start to come in).

Did somebody just mention drunks? I'm just back from the bar in the Beer Guts forum.

Icequeen, we meet again. :D You seriously need to take a step back and just chill.

*Wanders off to find some owls*

copacetic wrote:
    I'm not defending the OP. She's a nut. However there are plenty of them around on boards.

Maybe you are better off without some users and there is plenty I could do without on boards. However, such is life. Personally I feel we should welcome as much diversity of opinion as we can, if the OP can tone it down a bit maybe she could be a valuable member of boards.

She would have to realise she is in the wrong before that could happen.
    Since you have had a personal run in I certainly feel you call for a siteban is hardly something that is objective and I would have thought you would have seen that it could reflect poorly on you?

It's not my job to be objective, but please do tell where I have misjudged the situation. Is the user not a serial abuser of other people? Has she not been banned from several forums? has she not threatened other users with physical violence? I'm all for diversity, but not at the cost of normally users enjoyment of this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

seamus wrote:
    So you completely missed my last post then.

You got banned for personal abuse. Nothing more.

Any other agenda, or anything else which you think may be relevant is entirely a fantasy borne out in your own mind.
    Missed, I think not. She seems to be setting out to ignore anyone who doesn't agree with her.

Penguin, come home...

• Advertisement

Icequeen wrote:

I'm not sure I understand you here. You think you are going to change peoples attitudes and opinion by abusing them like a child? If you have a problem with someones post and have the ability, call them on what they said without the personal abuse you seem so fond of and/or report the post. simple as that. Constant resorting to personal abuse and wild accusations doesn't make any sense.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement