Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE7 Organising favourites

• 21-04-2007 8:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I'm having a little trouble with IE7 .
    When I organise my favourites ,I normally drag and drop them into specific topics ,every few days.
    I don't seem to be able to do this now ,the topics are not highlighted when I point over them,to drop favourites.

If anyone could help ,I'd appreciate it.

Brian.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

So you can't drag & drop them by left clicking & holding on the link then drag into the folder ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Nope 8T8 ,it's like the folders are locked.
    I've tried dropping favourites in ,but they won't .The folders don't even highlight when I brush the mouse over them.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Thats unusual I don't really use IE any more myself so I'm not too familiar with odd problems like this, have you considered {if on XP} running the IE7 installer again to try and repair the installation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Not a fan of IE but decided to see if i had the same problem.
    Tell me if this works.
    Bring up your favourites, left click on the Folder that you want to put links into, it should then open up, then drag whatever links you want into it.

Actor ,that did the job:)
    Sorry if that was an obvious solution ,it's one of the reason's I went back to firefox last week.
    I noticed almost immediately though ,that firefox seems to let in a lot of spyware and IE7 lets in nothing.
    So now I'm back on IE7:rolleyes:

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

haha no problem, it had me confused for a while actually!
    Actually Firefox is a lot safer than IE, and better in pretty much every possible way. Most spyware will target IE rather than Firefox, you can also get some very nice extensions for Firefox that will stop even more spyware!

Personally id recommend Firefox, Opera, K-Meleon over IE any day.

One thing about firefox is the fonts are a bit rough.
    I think IE is a lot smoother ,can I update the fonts in Firefox ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

IE7 uses a method called ClearType to smoothen out the fonts. You can enable this to work on all applications if you have Windows XP by going to the display properties and pressing the Effects button under the Appearance tab.

Its worth noting though that ClearType was designed for LCD screens, though improvements have been made to make it better looking on CRT monitors as well.

Thanks aidan, will try it out.

Advertisement