Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to connect my Xbox to a Sharp LC42XD1E

• 21-04-2007 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi Everybody,

Just wondering if anybody could help me to try and get my xbox 360 hook up to a Sharp LC42XD1E. I'v spend about 3 or 4 hours trying and I still can't get on HD. I can have it as normal but not HD.

If anyboay has any suggestions please let me know.

Here are some links for pics.

http://www.sharp.co.uk/invt/lc42xd1e

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/Sharp-LC42XD1E/Design.php

If someone does have the same setup could you please post some pics.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What cable are you using to connect? Component? Sorry to ask the obvious but if you are using the standard cable have you set the switch to HD?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 J-Rooney

I'm using the cable that came with the 360. And yep the HD switch is on.

Ok so your using the Componet to VGA adapter that came with the TV and connecting your XBOX cable to that?

Ah think I may have guessed it, try setting your xbox to 720p and see if you get a picture, that set won't accept 1080p

mmmmm.....i'm confused :confused:

• Advertisement

But the tv is made for 1080p

You need to change the settings on your xbox when you have it connected using the standard cable, go to settings and then display settings then HDTV settings and set it to 720p.

On the cable side you have an xbox360 cable with Component connection Green, Blue and Red and you have the phono connections Orange (Picture) Red and White (sound)

Your TV doesn't have an input for Component but it should have came with an adapter that allows you to connect the 3 component cables to VGA (same connection as your PC uses)

No Your TV accepts 1080i not 1080p, try 720p first and get that working then you can try 1080i. Sorry if I stated the obvious above but trying to help.

I did get a cable that coonects the xbox to the TV in analogue/conponent and i used it to plug in the Red green and blue cable. I i got 1080i out of it but no sound

Sorry what I should have said was you will only get 1080p from HDMI on this TV, in relation to the sound you need to use a rca to 3.5 mm jack and use the pc in on the back TV

• Advertisement

But 1080i is HD, so you now have HD working?

Yes i do :D . But no sound :mad: .

irish1 wrote:
    Sorry what I should have said was you will only get 1080p from HDMI on this TV, in relation to the sound you need to use a rca to 3.5 mm jack and use the pc in on the back TV

I have to buy something to get sound???? :confused: ...........:eek:

What is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

J-Rooney wrote:
    I did get a cable that coonects the xbox to the TV in analogue/conponent and i used it to plug in the Red green and blue cable. I i got 1080i out of it but no sound

What way is the audio taken into that AV socket? via the red white phono plugs or a 3.5mm Stereo Plug? If its the single plug you will need to get an adapter to go from the 2 Phono Sockets to 3.5mm Stereo PlugAdaptor like this
    JK14Q.jpg

Its how i connect to mine

Ok cool thanks, I'm going to head into town now and get one. I'll be abck in 20mins to Thank you again if it works. If it doesn't, well................:mad: you don't want to see me angry. :mad:

WooHOO!!!! Thank you so much. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :cool: :p

No problem enjoy!

Advertisement