Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Side Gate

Options
  • 21-04-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Side gate needs to be replaced badly - previous one is rotten & I need to get one soon. Anyone know where I could get one (possibly ready made) or would I have to get a carpenter to make one??

I have no idea where to go and get a replacement, so any suggestions really appreciated. I live in the south dublin region.
    Thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭plasto

hi.
    Your better off getting a couple of carpenters to give you a price on fitting and supply.
    Every side entrance is a different size, so it will be made to order anyway....by a carpenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,588 ✭✭✭✭looksee

We have a metal-working firm near here that makes most of the gates - they are a galvenised square-tube frame with timber on and are very good. I have one that has not been used - there was some confusion over buying it and then getting some alterations done so we didn't need it, so its been sitting around (under cover) for the last while. 6ft high, five foot wide (3 foot gate and 2 foot panel to match). I suppose I should put it in adverts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

We found the best value in timber gate from Abwood just outside of Bray.
    www.abwood.ie

Advertisement